Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

weather

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
hiya,

can anyone tell me if the weather affects there illness?

angie x
advertisement

Comments

• a weather front moves in, my sciatica will tell me about it as soon as the pressure drops. When the front gets on top of us, my back will start back hurting. Fortunately, that is the only time my back gives me a fit. Been wondering if it's the metal back there.
  • Most definately. Especially when it starts to get cold, I tend to hurt alot more. I dread the winter anymore, because it just means feeling more pain.

• Were having a slight cold spell here in the NW and my meds are not close to touching my pain.Thank goodness for my rice bag and lots of blankets.
  • hiya,

thankyou all for your replys, i just wondered if i was the only one xx

Angie x
  • Weather kills me. I tell people I have a weather rod in my back...I feel rain coming a day before it hits. Cold is the worst. I feel like I am freezing from the inside out!!

So yes...weather plays a big role in my life. I can not stand the nagging pain it can throw me in.

Just a suggestion...in cold weather i have found out that if you use those over the counter back heat patches-you can get at your local pharmacy...can save you from that real bad pain you can get when you start to feel the freeze set in.
  • Your not alone in this one for sure.
    As you can see!!!

We have rain and a temp drop coming from Hanna UGGGHH. And Im in Upstate NY.
    It will be here Saturday but I started feeling it last night Thursday. More achy, 1 knee was driving me nuts.
    And awoke this morning with more back pain then usual.

The humidity believe it or not even bothers me.
    I can handle high temps, but the humidity can go somewhere else !!

So yeah we kinda are like a weather map. Who needs to watch the news?? :D
  • Hiya cathy,

Hey thats a good idea, will certainly try out those patches.
    Thankyou for that.

Angie x
advertisement