Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MBT physiological footwear

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all, I have been interested in this footwear for a while and was wondering if anyone had a pair.
They are the shoes (like gym shoes) that have the rocker sole.

Supposedly it is to work your core stability muscles and I tried a pair on in the shop and could really feel my abs working to keep me upright.

So if you have tried these please could you give us some feedback.

Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement

Comments

• I've got three pairs and I like them quite a bit. I think they really help with posture (although not quite enough help to avoid my posterior cervical laminotomy at three levels 3 weeks ago).

My core is already pretty strong, as (prior to surgery) I was a workout fanatic. While the shoes are pricey, I do believe they are woth it!
  • Thanks for that, I really liked the feel of the shoes though I am sure if you were to wear them for hrs a day it would take a while to get used to the feel of them. I went in again today to try them out yet again.
    I just cant warrant spending so much if it isn't going to be good for me so I want to ask the surgeon next week and see what he thinks of them. Would hate it to muck up the fusion but I do feel so drawn to them.

Sara O:)
  • I have found some similar shoes that are made by Homiped. The price is a bout a 1/4 of the MBTs so a good place to stat. If I like these I will get a 'real' pair. :))(

Sara
  • Hi Angelback,

I am interested in the outcome of your experiment. I have spent £100's on shoes/boots never to get them past the dressing room. So I am reluctant to spent out on MBT but have not met anyone who regrets the purchase. They are supposed to put your spine in neutral....that'll be interesting so=ince mine and my brain hasn't a scooby doo where that is anymore. lol.
    Can you post a picture of them? That'll be sooo cool??
advertisement