Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Ontario Canada

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
HI Everyone :H

I'm a 37 (well 37 on Sept 19th) yr old female diagnosed with severe degenerative disc disease of the lower spine, mild to moderate scoliosis, spinal stenosis, fibromyalgia and a host of gastrointestinal disorders....LOL

I've been off work since April of 2007 and it is driving me nuts.....well into a clinical depression anyway.. :))(

I'm going for an MRI on my lower back in October so the ortho doc can decide if he wants to do spinal anesthetic injections or do spinal fusion surgery.

I just saw a new family doctor yesterday for the first time and she seems quite understanding of chronic pain and has scheduled a physical for me in 2 weeks so she can fill out my application for CPP (canadian disability payments)

I've joined this forum in the hopes of meeting people like myself and educating myself further on my conditions, medications, surgeries etc etc

I hope to speak to you all at some point!

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. I have met some very nice folks from Canada here and have one very special friend from here that lives in Canada in a beautiful place just on the other side of a mountain from where I grew up. Small world.

It's awesome that you have an understanding and interested new doc and that although you don't feel so swell that things are looking up in terms of your care.

Glad you found us.

"C"
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Hi, from California,
    Welcome, I'm sure you'll find everything you hoped for here on spine-health.Knowledgeable people,friends, a shoulder to cry on, a place to vent, a wealth of information, ect.
    Good luck, Jim

Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Hi Jim and C
    Thanks so much for your welcoming comments....I put on my first fentanyl patch today (25mcg)
    It hasnt kicked in yet...and I only have percocets to manage with until it does... If I dont feel anything by Monday morning the doc told me to call her and she'll change the dosage on the rest of the prescription to 50 or 75mcg.
    I'm hoping this patch works so I dont have to take as many meds orally which may relieve some of the chronic GI symptoms I have....well I hope LOL :S
    Thanks again
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your life should change for the better with the addition of a new doctor. having care and concern from your physician means you could well be on your way to to a more pain free life. i do hope you learn lots and enjoy meeting new friends. someone is always around if you want to chat or feel the need to vent. good luck on your upcoming care. see you around! Jenny :)
  • you will find lots of support from the members here that actually understand your pain. There is tons of info if you click on any of the tabs at the top of this page. A caring doc willing to listen is usually the first step towards some relief. Good luck and please keep us posted with your progress.
  • Thank you lulu and pain for the nice welcomes :)

Well it is now Monday and the fentanyl patch is still not working so I'm going to call the doctors office and see if she will change the rest of the prescription to a higher dose. I will keep you posted.

Ami
  • sllywbbt- I am glad you have found a dr willing to work with you to help you with pain. I hope the ortho dr is able to give you answers with the MRI..take care..jade
  • Hi and welcome. I'm also from Ontario and have been a member for almost 2 weeks. I hope you can find pain control soon. I've been off work and my illness put me in a depression also. It's difficult to adjust to as this can be very isolating and loss of contact to most family and coworkers. I've found chat has been helpful to share with others and a boost to spirit. See you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi and glad to see another Canadian on the site! You will find great information on this site for sure. I too am struggling with depression because no one seems to understand chronic pain and what goes along with it. Where do you live in Ontario? I am from a small town about 3 hours north of Toronto called Astorville. :H
    Shirley-Ann
  • :) how did it go with your call to the doctor? :-C please keep us informed! Jenny :)
advertisement