Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help ! I just woke up with excrutiating pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
I was having a normal week pain wise (5-6) out of ten. But I woke up this morning with a 9 it feels like a knife is lodged into just left of the lumbar spine area. The anti spasm medications aren't helping as i suspect its a pinched nerve of sorts cause its shooting electrical down my right leg and numbing my reflexes there greatly i need suggestions i feel like an ER visit almost. :O
advertisement

Comments

• pgc- I would trust your instincts if you feel a trip to the ER is necessary. It is better to be safe than sorry...jade
  • ahhaaahahahahahahaha no
  • always trust your instincts. It is always better safe than sorry. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • The pain continues and i don't have an appointment or a refill on medications for another 7 days at least. It is situated just left of my lumbar vertebrae and while it seems like an especially bad spasm the klonipin and 30 mgs a day of flexeril have not helped the pain one bit. It doesnt make sense as the aleve has not helped either because ive been hit with an electrical STORM of nerve pain in my legs as well.
    This doesnt make any sense to me any input would be helpful as im laid out on the couch still trembling and on a pain level of 9 constantly i can't put on my own shoes and im 22 years old so its obviously exacerbating my depression.
    Please any input helps
  • your doc. Usually there are cancelations and sometimes they even leave time slots open for emergency type visits. CAll them and if they have no openings go to the ER
  • Thanks guys. I got an emergency opening for tomorrow ! its about time. The problem is this is the second visit with this doc and while she knows i have legit pain. All i have to prove i have severe pain is a recent prescription for norco 10/325 that reads "Take one tablet every 4 hours for pain" Im curious if she will continue the script for me as my pain is unbearable.
    My hands are shaking my eyes tear up constantly and im sleeping like 3 hours a night and worst of all I can barely get up off the damn couch to smoke which is sad :sick:
  • I had all that happen to me the other night. My husband called an ambulance because I was so bad that I could hardly breath and I was acting strange from what he said. Boy was that a blessing in disguise!!! LOL The EMT that was taking care of me was not only hot as hell but he ask what my pain level was and I said beyond a 10. So after he loaded me up he gave me 100mcg of Fentynol through an IV waited about 10 min I am assuming asked what it was I said a 7-8 so he gave me more and said if he can get me to a 2 he would be happy because he doesn't know what the hospital would do for me. so yet he gave me more. so a total of 300mcg. Man I love that man. That is the best I felt for the last 14 years. LOL
    Anyway your doc may up your dosing or may give you an extended release and something for break through.

I will smoke for you! LOL I know that doesn't help at all :D I bet you feel like pulling your hair out at this point in time ~X(
  • Lol i need to call 911. Im not quite pulling my hair out but if my new doc doesn't refill my norco's im gonna go ape shit or call 911 as im living in a black hole with this pain. Im glad it worked out so well for you ! :jawdrop:
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.