Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in left side of my neck, head, shoulder, arm, ribs and eye

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
A couple of days ago I got a headache and in a matter of hours the pain traveled into my shoulder arm and now into my ribs on my left side. By bedtime I could hardly take a full breath. The next day I woke up and it just felt a little like I had worked out too much I but still couldn’t breath well, within a few hours I got the same headache and the pain returned but got so severe I couldn’t lift my arm or close my hand no position relieved it and even smiling or opening my mouth caused pain in my ribs (it was very odd) The only thing that seems to help at all is lots and lots of ibprophen (about 1600 mg), but if there is any lapse in the dosage more than 3 hours or so the pain comes back with a vengeance.

Yesterday I thought it was beginning to go away I reduced the ibprophen and was actually able to drive and use my arm. Today the headache has returned the pain is more centeralized, instead of everything just aching it hurts most to bend or use my middle finger turn my head to the left and when I breathe it hurts in my shoulder above the breast but it feels very deep and the headache is centralized on the left side behind my ear and my left eye is sore. Is this typical of a pinched nerve? I thought that was what it was at first until my eye started to bother me and I realized that days before that I started having pain in my left eye and blurred vision it never occured to me it may have been the cause or was related until now. Any advice or knowledge would be helpful.
advertisement

Comments