Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

iliac crest infection after acdf

Linda GLLinda G Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Doctor suspects iliac crest infection due to lots of pain 6 months after surgery. After surgery the pain in my hip did go away, about 2 months ago it started bothering me again, i am walking with a limp because of the pain. 55 and in decent shape, i thought. Waiting to get approved for a 3 phase bone scan (insurance companies playing doctor). My doctor spoke with a radiologist who told her this was more common than let on after autograft. Anyone ever had this or heard of this? It's all just making me crazy...Thanks in advance...
advertisement

Comments

• No, but I had an allograft with my ACDF.

• I have used bone from my hip two times and never had a problem with them other than the initial pain. Good luck with the test and let is know how it turns out.
  • I havn't heard of it. I guess its possible.
    But to me with infection there would be more going on then just pain especially after 6months. Just my personal opinion.

The only issue I had was hip pain to. But I have arthritis and burcitis in both hips.

A shot of cortizone helps that issue.

But your in the right direction. Bone scans are the best test out there to see whats going on.
    Another thing I just thought of "LIGHTBULB" is it possible the bone has not grown back yet??? And your still healing???
    If fusion can take up to a year, I would think its possible for some to have bone growth go slow to. HMMMM :? :? :?

Good luck hun!!!
    Let us know how you make out and what the test/Dr say..