Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Four Microdisketomy L5-S1 and still on pain. Has anyone tried Chiropracto?

nexhinnexhi Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I've had four L5-S1 surgeries so far (microdisketomy) but none of them worked for me, did a physical therapy, disc injection still not getting any better. Right now I am worst than I was before the last surgery, I can barely move. Someone told me that it would be good if I start seeing a Chiropractor.
Has anyone seen a chiropractor after surgeries? If so did it help?
Thank you for your time and your help.

Nexh
advertisement

Comments

• There may be a thread some place about Chiropractors and lumbar issues (maybe it was on the old forum). Lots of people there cautioned about going to a chiropractor with serious problems. They can help if the problem is with the soft tissues, but can do great harm manipulation damaged vertebrae. Of course, there are some excellent chiropractors, but once they know what your problem is they may not even want to touch you. But if you go to a less scrupulous one, he can do you great harm. Check with your doctor first, and if you decide to see one, get all the information about him that you can.

Kin
  • Hi Nexh, it's me again. I just looked up the "Alternative treatments" thread under "Treatment" on the forum home page. You may want to visit there, as they are discussing this issue.

Good luck,

Kin
  • Thanks a lot Kin. I will check it out.
  • The difference between a chiro and an osteopath is that the osteo works with the muscles and soft tissue first to 'loosen' these up prior to manipulation.
    Now personally I would never touch a chiro again but that is me.
    I would however see therapists that work on releasing the muscles that are holding our bones in the wrong places.
    Half of the back problems around (and I am not talking serious back problems) come simply from over tight muscles that pull the vertebrae in the wrong direction.
    So by releasing the muscles it allows the back to straighten.
    Therapists that do trigger point thereapy as well may be able to help you but you would have to talk to them.
    Now I am from Aussie so it may be a bit different here and check anything out before committing yourself.

Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement