Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello new member. Having back pain every day. I had surgery 2004 anterior fusion of L5 S1, with numerous back injections then a neuromtomy where they burn the nerve roots to where they think the pain is coming from. Now they want rods to go down the sides of L5 S1. I'm an RN and on my feet all day. I come home in terriable pain just can't wait to sit down or just lie in bed. What a life I'm 39 feeling like 70 with a 6 and 1/2 year old boy and married. So of course I do have other things to do when I get home like everyone else. I just want this pain to go away and never return back again, that's everybody dream here I'm sure.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. Wow, juggling the job of an RN along with a family and a bad back. You ROCK! That's awesome!

Why does the surgeon want to install rods now? Does he feel it will help reduce your pain or just stabilize the area?

You will meet a huge variety of people here, but you are right, everyone's dream is to have their life back. Mine is that I refuse to become an old woman in my 40's!

Welcome to the forum.

"C"
  • Hiya, >:D<
    Welcome to spine health . You will find this site usefull, and there are people here who you can chat to , to guide you through.

Angie x
  • I have to agree with C. I really admire the fact that you are juggling a job, a family and a bad back. I wish you much luck with the rods and hope that they at least give you some relief.
  • Did you not fuse? Can't really understand the posterior instrumentation if you are already fused, unless they are doing a different level, or you have a non-fusion and are getting a re-do. I am an RN too. I know exactly how you feel. Work 12 hours in pain, limping, then come home and kids need help, house need help,etc. That is why I had my fusion, and now I am still recovering but feeling better slowly. Welcome to SH. This is a great site for information and support. Hope you are feeling better soon. Have you gotten a second opinion? Take care, Sue
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having such terrible pain. your job certainly must add to it!! have they offered you any other options such as pt or exercise? i hope you have gotten a second opinion. good luck with the next surgery and keep us informed! Jenny :)
advertisement