Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PILLOW

Precious BamaPPrecious Bama Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Does anyone with neck issues use a neck pillow of any kind. I have problem with pillows anyway but I need to find one that is comfortable for me. I saw cervical neck pillow from Neck Pillow Store that looked comfortable.
brenda
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Brenda,
    I personally have tried all those pillows and find them uncomfortable to sleep on. Of course that does not go for everyone.
    The only way to find out is try.
    I use alerternitive down pillows on my bed. Even brought it to the hospital with me! My pillows go all over :D They just mush in all positions you want them to.

When I had my neck done I bought a foam bed pillow. IT WAS GREAT. They had it at Walmart. It does have holes in it.
    Not your regular neck pillow made of foam.

There are others that have had the cerivcal pillows and love them.

Good luck hun.
    Terri
  • I use a Tempur-pedic cervical pillow (I'm not sure if that's what they call it, but that's what it is--it basically looks like a two-humped camel). I LOVE it. Also must recommend the Tempur-pedic mattress, which I also have. And, no, I have no economic interest in the company.

:D
  • Tempurpedic was too big for me, I'm petite and a little too firm. I love the one I bought at the store that sells the sleep number beds. It fits me better. Don't hesitate to try it in a store. And yes I have two that were purchased that were not right but I love the one I mentioned above.
  • Good point, Curly. And I think the Tempur-pedic pillows come in various sizes. Plus, each end of the "hump" is a different heights. Definitely try first at the store.

• I have about 8 different pillows, and what works one night doesn't work the next. Foam pillows, soft pillows, hard pillows, pillows with holes in the middle. What I have found that I like the best is a very lightly filled feather pillow. It squishes together just right to be fit my neck great when sleeping on my side. I wish there was a good answer for this, but unfortunately it is trial and error for everyone. I did read about a water filled pillow for necks and was tempted to get one, but it was too expensive. Has anyone else used one of those?
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement