Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, This is all new to me. I have been in pain from an auto accident for the past 2 years and finally after many, many injections and procedures I had surgery on Aug 29. So I am a week out in recovery..... The throat pain is almost gone, but lots of spasms. I had a fusion of c,6-7, and a afdr of c,5-6 and afdr c,3-4. This is the first of many.... I also have 2 ruptures in the thoracic and 1 in my lower lumbar. We just started working on my neck and head first.... So far no more head pain!!!! That is a real blessing. But there is still very sharp pain in the shoulder blade areas that hurt when I breathe. I just feel like I'm the only one going through this-and I have a loving husband and 3 wonderful children who have been very, very patient. So if there is any advise please let me know..
advertisement

Comments

• Your at the right place. I also have a very supporting and understanding family, but this is a great place for information and compassion from people going through simular emotions and pain.

Glad to see you join this site, I've only been a member for a couple of weeks and it has been great for me. take care and good to hear your surgery has helped your head pain.
  • Hiya,
    Welcome to spine health. There are people on here that have had the type of surgery that you have had, and they can guide you through.

Angie x
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am so happy to hear your first surgery appears to be a success! you must be so relieved. you are so fortunate to have your family besides you through this. good luck on your upcoming surgeries. i hope you find the total pain relief you seek!! Jenny :)
  • I am so glad to know that you are feeling some relief and I would say that is a step in the right direction. 1 week is still very early out from that type of surgery so don't get discouraged. Hopefully as you heal you will get more and more relief. I am glad that you found our forum as there is usually always someone here to listen and support you that truly understands your pain. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • just wanted to say hi and glad you found spine-health- im a little new here and it has helped me in many ways, the mods seem always ready to help in a heartbeat,
    it sounds like you have a road ahead of you, and i hope you let us follow you along the way...
    i know you will find lots of help, the best advice always comes from experience.
    and your experiences can help us,that haven't had our surgeries yet,
    its nice to hear you have a supportive hubby and 3 children
    i also have a superman hubby, 2 children & 3grandchildren
    so we have a few things in common, (with all my issues)(I still say im a lucky-ducky ... patsy
advertisement