Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anesthesiology Dr. Nasty

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok had the cervical block done. I am very nervous about anyone touching my back let alone my neck. My Dr (PM) is great my sleep Dr was gone so, had a new one this lady. She says oh i am going to give you happy juice and nothing than she give me another med and says don't you feel that well, that was not too bad. In recovery and she comes up to me and says " why do you have to get medicine like this you know people do this with nothing" :O L) I said well, I am nervous. SHe says well you should see your Dr. about that issue. I said oh no you have it wrong I am only nervous for these kind of injections. What a bit_ _ I felt terrible. First, when going to the center I feel weird because if it is not one thing it's another and I see the same people all the time and think I wounder what they think and my Dr. too. What do you think about all this?
advertisement

Comments

• i was never offered anything for the anxiety-pain with my epi's and i was nervous about them sticking a needle in my neck.
    1 month before that i had a spinal tap and never was offered anything for that neither
    i think they used sum numbing med like Novocaine the dentist uses.
    i guess if you dont ask you dont recieve, patsy
  • and was given a sedative. This last time I only took half thinking I know what's going on. But another dr was observing it and he's describing it and I just got woozy. My bp dropped pretty low- so even though I wasn't that nervous going in I paniced in there and they don't want you to move. I guard my neck too so its scary for me to do this. I think she lacks compassion and I would hook up with the other dr again. Mine tried to do my followup with the other dr and I said NO.
  • Oh yeah you hear it all the time: your a pill seeker, drug addict, loser, bum, faking all your symptoms and scars, lazy...etc
    Don't let them get you down, don't worry about it. You know what you need and we are not all the same. You just get well and forget everyone else because as Bachman Turner Overdrive said, "I'm looking out for number one." I didn't used to be that way until I met all the people who were nasty as hell to me about my meds and surgery so I realized they really do not know what it feels like to be in the place we are and you know...i hope they never do. L)
  • lol, I know what you mean...I had a "have you tried mediatation?" recently...Now, not that i am knocking it, the power of thought Must not be under estimated but IF only that would cure our probelms!......... =))
  • I've had three epidurals and they have always sedated me. I didn't have to ask for it either, it was just part of the procedure. I'd find a new doctor!

Christi
advertisement