Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Time between surgeries?

Linda GLLinda G Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
For anyone who has had to have another level worked on, how long was it between your first surgery and 2nd? I had 2 level March 25th, I'm having pain in my neck area again, same side, but higher, and pain in the hip where the bone was removed. I swear I feel like such a whiner and I'm really not. I am just in too much pain for me to expect that it's just going to get better by itself. If there was a problem with an adjacent level, wouldn't it be too soon? I was told by my PC Dr to call the OS. He released me 10 weeks after surgery saying i was 90% fused. I was hoping to be one who came out of surgery and it was instant relief, Not! Thanks all of you, for your knowledge and understanding.

Lin
advertisement

Comments

• I would say the advice from your PC doc is good and you should bite the bullet and go have him take a look.

"C"
  • from what i read, it takes time. the doc's say 2 weeks and then back to work, but i think that's a crock of....but i haven't had the surgery, just from what i read.

you have myelopathy. i'm worried about that too cause i have that. they don't guarantee that'll get better. how long have you had it? if it's fused, that's a great sign. just be careful and don't over do it.

• hi,has any of your myeolpathy symptoms gotten better since your surgery?
    patsy
  • My first surgery (C5-6) was in 1997 - second (C6-7) July of this year. I did really well for all that time. Just started with new symptoms earlier this year. I am about 9 weeks post op. I have some muscle soreness but the pain and numbness that took me to the doctor is pretty much gone. It took a while for that to happen - still have some intermittent numbness in my hand. Hang in there - it will get better.
  • Make the appointment and go back to the OS and let them take a look as to what is going on. Did you get any relief from the first surgery at all. What type of meds are you taking. If your not taking any nerve med i would try that route first. I have gone back to surgery three months after a surgery. However those surgeries are very hard on the body and i don't recommend that. If you had a adjacent level go out it is possible that conservative treatment could help. Good luck and keep us posted what the doc says.
  • I would go with your PC and make the appt with your OS. I had 4 months between my surgeries due to my symptoms of myelopathy. The second surgery was much harder to recover from, but it was needed. Hope you can do things to help without surgery again.
    mark
  • When I had my ACDF 15 years ago, I was off work for 2 weeks (office job). This time around, I have been off 4 1/2 weeks and can't go back until after my follow-up visit, whic is tomorrow. Hopefully I will be released to return to work, although I have been doing work from home.
advertisement