Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ankylosing spondylitis anyone here got it, have some questions

Frustrated101FFrustrated101 Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
I am getting a bit curiouser about this condition and its symptoms and wondered if anyone has real life experience with it.I know that I suffer from Spondy grade 1, Stenosis,DDD and some form of arthritis in my knee(left).

>>>I am getting my medical records together this week and seeking a new doctor but advice here has always been helpful.

The last few days have been really sore, not sharp but dull throbbing pain.My sac joints have been killing me and during PT the therapist pointed out that they were bad esp the left side and my legs were different lengths.My hips feel like a belt is around them, just an odd pressure.My entire back is one giant spasm, eyes have been red and burning in the morning(there is a fire nearby as well, but this began before hand).When walking up my stairs, i just feel outta breath and legs feel jelloish.Last, but not least, night sweats that are drenching me.CAnnot sleep either, basically I feel like falling apart.
advertisement

Comments

• What type of meds are you on? I get the drenching nightsweats but am pretty sure that it is mostly from my meds and a little from menopause. Do you take any muscle relaxers? You may want to check out the arthritis section for more info.
  • No muscle relaxers, my doctor does not believe they are useful for back pain.My diabetes is in excellent shape, been doing my stretches that PT taught me to keep flexibility going.I posted here just incase, as most of us suffer multiple conditions(arthritis seems to have slow traffic).

The other symptoms that I forgot to mention is my thyroid tests/blood work are normal, but do have anemia.Tonight, I got these prickling needle pains all over my middle back.I am hunched over every time and walk w/ a duck-like manner.The best way to describe how I feel is my body is angry at me.my BP has been elevated too probably the culprit.Just so tired right now and cannot sleep either.

I hope to be moving back to Florida and get a better selection of doctors by new year,the doctor here has been great for my diabetes/general health but I feel like due to my symptoms being all over the place and the MRI/x ray findings that they are satisfied with the dx.I am listening more to what my body is saying too and somethings wrong.
  • We know our own bodies better than anyone else, even the doctors. We know when something is wrong. Continue to pay attention and don't give up, no matter what a doc might tell you. Since I'm not really sure what all of the conditions in my spine are, and there are many, (the names) I can't really comment on the subject that you brought up. I certainly understand your frustration, I'm in the same boat. I hope that you get the "real" answers that you need soon. And BTW, I have arthritis through almost all of my joints. No fun there! Take care of yourself, I'm hoping the best for you! >:D<
    Jewels
  • I appreciate the the support >:D<

BTW I am getting pro active starting today, collect all my records from all the docs.I got a bunch of pamphlets ordered today as well regarding AS too.

hope your day is pain free.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.