Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

seen neuro/ 2 level acdf// 5-6 6-7

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello all,
well finally seen neuro,and he says I need a 2 level fusion,
says can't understand why my pain managment Dr waited so long to send me to him cause its really bad. My question is,
hes gonna do a titanium cage with bone shaveings from my neck bone with plate and screws, awaiting his nurse to call with a surgery date, hopeflly soon,,from what i have read on this board seems thoes that have fusions have bone graft from illeac crest or cadaver bone,, wondering how shaveings that are put in cage are different from bone craft?? I hada l-5 s1 fusion fom graft from hip no plate in 99 is this some new procedure he wants to do? I live in michigan and hes rated top surgeon in united states dr dias from beaumont hospital,,,realy scared now but so want to get rid of this pain and my life back.
Thanks for your replys in advance.
ANNIE
advertisement

Comments

• It is good to see you finally got the ball rolling. good luck to you................Patsy
  • hey-you! good luck with your doc. appointment tomorrow.
    hugs,
    PATSY
  • THANKS PAUL AND PATSY,
    I WILL ASK THE NURSE WHEN SHE CALLS ABOUT MY SURGERY DATE,
    CAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTABD IT.
    GOOD LUCK PAUL ON APP
    THANKS ALL
    ANNIE
  • I had my surgery back in July. The DO did use cadaver bone, which is his preferred method to do ACDF. He's one of the top in the field from Emory Hospital here in Atlanta and has a high success rate this way.

Things seem to be going well, so far, too early to tell how much fusing has taken place yet. My next follow up is in January for a CT Scan to see how things look.

I've had my up and down days like others. I'm back to work this past week and have held up pretty well along with a 35 mile drive each way. Luckily, I can get to work at 6 a.m. and leave at 3 p.m.

I might have pushed it too much today though, my shoulders are killing me. :''( Nothing a flexiril and two tylenol can't handle. I do a lot of desk type work but luckily can get up whenever I want and walk around and stretch if needed.

Hope all goes well with your doctor visit.
advertisement