Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi All,

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Today is my first day joining so bare with me. My name is Tami. I am a wife, mom, grandmother, sister, aunt, and friend at age 48.
I have DDD L5-S1, will go for a discogram, CT scan to confirm. I will then make an appointment for ALIF surgery.
14 years ago I had hemilaminectomy in L5-S1. Have pain in lower back, buttocks, legs, and now very bad in both feet. Worst in the morning. I take percocet for relief but it does not relieve the pain in my feet. Any suggestions??
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to SH. Sounds like you are on the right track with the tests. Do you have an Ortho or Neuro? Hope you find some relief whichever prognosis is made.
  • Hi Tami,

Welcome to Spine Health. It does sound like you are on the right track. Sounds like you have a doc or docs that are taking care of you. That is so important.

We are here 24/7/365, so anytime of the day or night if you need someone to lean on, then drop on in.

"C"
  • My Doctor is Orthopedic from Atlanta Georgia. Came highly reccommended. Hoping I can get this surgery done very quickly. I have been in bad pain since February 08.
  • :)hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it seeems like you are headed right into surgery. have you tried any conservative measures beyond Percocet? are you getting a second or even a third opinion? i hope you are thinking this over very carefully. good luck! Jenny :)
  • :) hi! so you have 2 different opinions, what about a third? you may well wind up at surgery but take your time. Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine Health. There's a real cool section on alternative treatments that talks about acupuncture and other methods of treatment. Hope you can get your pain under better control.

"C"
  • I have L5-S1 herniated disc,annular tear and sciatica to legs and feet. I found relief of pain in my feet from Lyrica mostly. MS Contin has also worked for my footpain as well as my backpain.
    Are you going to a pain clinic? Hope you find some relief. See you around. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hello Tami,
    Welcome to the forums. I would like to say you have to lose your weight first because lot's of problem's in this Age group the people are getting with the more weight. I think if your body is fit then you can't get any kind of problem in your life.
    Thanks

• I know I'm going to get into trouble for this, but,

You're saying that if I am fit I will have no problems in life! Wow! I didn't know that's all it took. I'll start exercising straight away.

PS. Tami never said she was overweight.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    I think if that was totally true about weight, diet, exercise and so many other aspects of our lives then no one would have problems.

While there is definitely advantages in being in the best possible overall condition, but that alone will not prevent spinal problems.
    You can take the best physical specimens - head to toe, fitness, diet, everything and they can have disc related problems. And on the opposite I am sure there are many people who never watch anything they do and have not had a single spinal problem.

So its not as easy as to just say lose weight....

There are so many other factors that play a role in one's spinal health.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement