Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

walking up and down stairs

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
HELLO ALL,
I'AM AWAITING SURGERY DATE FOR 2 LEVEL ACDF ON 5-6 6-7.
WILL I BE ABLE TO GO UP AND DOWN STAIRS RIGHT AWAY?? PLUS WHEN THOES OF U THAT HAVE HAD 2 LEVEL FUSIONS WITH PLATE AND SCREWS AND CAGES WITH SHAVEINGS FROM DISC BONES WHICH I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF NO BONE CRAFT WHEN ARE U ABLE TOO DRIVE..I KNOW I WILL HAVE A COLLAR ALREADY HAVE IT,,IF I DO NOT SHOW UP WITH IT NO SURGERY/ ALSO WHERE IS THE UPCOMMING SURGERY THREADS PLZ NEED LINK.
THANKS,
ANNIE
advertisement

Comments

• I'm a little unsure of something. Did you mean that you've never heard of a bone graft or that you can't drive afterwards? I had a bone graft after both of my last 2 surgery's but since it was in the lumbar region I can't really say how you will feel or what you can do. I do know that after my last surgery, (reconstructive) they had to take such a large amount of bone from my pelvis that I wasn't able to drive for a long time. But that had to do with the pain in my pelvis, it took me over a year to recover from this. But again, it should be different for you, I wouldn't think that they would need nearly as much for your surgery.

Paul (above) made some very good suggestions, you may want to seriously think about it. Also, ask your doctor what to expect. And as to the stairs? Even if you are able to walk up & down them, how safe are they? MIne are fairly easy to take a tumble from. That would be the last thing that you needed while recovering! Whatever you decied I wish you the best!

Good luck with your surgery,
    Jewels
  • Just wanted to say i had a 3level surgery and before they would let me leave the hospital the physical therapist came and made sure that i could manipulate my way around and that included going up and down a set of stairs by myself.