Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I've Got the Blues This Morning!

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
:( Just woke up and finished my shower for the day. It is Saturday morning. Like Buddy Guy sings, "Good morning Blues! Did'nt know you'd be here sooo soon!"...etc...

My wife works today. Normally she has the weekend off. She is trying to help out with the bills. I do not get a paycheck now until Nov 30th. Nov 30th my Long Term Disability checks in. I've been having intermittent tingling and numbness in my left thumb and two fingers next to it. This morning its happened again.

We've been married 34 years. Her dad married us June 15th, 1974. I could not have found a more wonderful woman..best mom...best wife! And, she is just as pretty today as when we first met. Our daughter Melanie will be 31 Jan 21st. Our son Charlie will be 29 next May 30th. They both live with us at the moment. Charlie is trying to get a job and get back on his feet. He struggles with Alcoholism. Melanie has Multiple Sclerosis and we help with our two grandsons, James 5 and Shane 1 3/4. Melanie's husband Jesse works at a car parts place and is doing fine. They want to save and get their own place.

I see my surgeon again on Sept 29th. I'll know the details of what he is going to do on that date. It looks like 4 level acdf C-3 thru C-7.

I'm gonna try and play my favorite game a bit this morning. Charlie and I both play World of Warcraft. I need something to help with these Blues.

Thanks for for listening to my rambling. I just took my Vicodin and in an hour I'll take my morphine.

Ken GreyEagle
Western Band Cherokee
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• we all have those down days but please remember that you always have all of us here to help you through. If you ever want to talk then I am a PM away , as are others. Have fun today playing your game. Thank you for sharing about your family and how much they mean to you....you are a very blessed man. Take care my friend...Miki
  • Sounds like you have a terrific family, are thay supportive of your situation?I have a young friend with MS, after a year of shots, she's now in remission.I also have a young cousin that combats alcoholism, for the most part ,he's winning, hope your son does too. I'v been married for almost 31 years, and I think if we were honest about things, we'd rather this mess be over with! It's hard to live with someone that won't talk to you,touch you, listen...etc..doesn't know how to balance a checkbook,read a statement, pay a bill....and he's 52! Thank goodness for good music,lots of sunshine and Zoloft! Have a great day, I plan to. Sagehen
  • I hear ya! The most difficult of all this is my alcoholic son. He is not about to quit! He tends to get violent if he gets drunk enough so it is scary for all of us.

He has a very negative outlook on life and has had since he started drinking. I've been told that these people are not ready for help until they hit bottom, whatever bottom is.

The rest of the family is positive and supportive and helpful. My son is helpful when he is not drunk. At least he is actively looking for work.

I'm doing ok right now. I took my morphine and vicodin this morning and my arm still hurts. I'd imagine it will hurt until post-surgery. At least then I'll have my neck to think about for awhile instead of my arm. LOL.

Ok...gonna sign out for the moment. Sorry everyone for forgetting to put the Subject line in my original message in th is thread this morning.

When my arm is not hurting too much I do play Blues Guitar pretty darn good!

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • hi ken,
    im having one of those days today!!
    i feel useless,what else can life bring to us do you know that kinda feeling???
    i hope you feel better today than you did when you posted this, i find having a nice chat and good communication through spine healt really does work wonders for me but sometimes it just doesnt happen like that!!!
    today my life is sad and i need some pleasant thoughts,i came here to find them today but im still looking!!!
    hope you have a nice day today ken.

LOVE PAULA
advertisement