Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New issue plaques me.

Mmaem03MMmaem03 Posts: 53
As if sciatica wasn't bad enough ,now I'm worried about this new popping noise I hear in my lower back everytime I lift or move my legs while in a lying position. I notice it when I try to roll over, when I try to get up, when I'm just repositioning my lower half. It happens when I'm on my stomach, back or sides. Makes me imagine one of my herniated discs have completely left town . Is that noise bone on bone? I have experienced increased pain since this started but I thought that was because I had to stop taking the naprosyn for sugery on the 25th. What do ya think?
advertisement

Comments

• It's impossible for me to know what this could be, but I can definitely understand your anxiety over it and am sorry to hear that your pain is worse as a result. I do think it's worthy of discussing with your doctor prior to surgery so that while he's in there he can maybe figure it out and/or take care of it. I think I'd be on the phone first thing Monday morning to see about getting in.

I hope you get an answer, and a solution, soon! Be sure and let us know, OK? Hang in there...I know it's tough right now. Try to keep that chin up. :)

Take care of you...
  • Just my guess, worth less than 2 cents...but I had very noisy facet joints b4 my fusion, esp when I'd move my legs or try my (former...) yoga positions..

NS removed the offending facets @ L4/5 when he did the fusion (called a bilateral facetecomy) & they've been quiet ever since..

Did your doc ever check your facet joints, or explain your MRI/x-ray results? They will show up as a type of "inflamation" on the reports if they are the offenders...& yes,they can hurt like $%^$#%&!

Try ice on the exact spots---if they are inflamed, that should help a bit. (they are located laterally to your spine, at each level. You'd feel them "pop" or hurt when you move your legs or do any leg-type movements/stretches)

I had 6 facet-joint injections b4 my fusion to try to avoid the "Big F"---to no avail. But the fusion sure helped in THAT dept!.

Take care, Maem!
    Hang in there until the 25th!

~Lakeside
  • Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm actually doing fine in the "good spirits" dept. Today I had a break in the pain level. Someone was listening to my prayers! O:) I'll email my NS tomorrow.
  • Oh LOVELY! I guess I'd better give a call Monday. Maybe he'll want a new MRI. The last one I had was in July and my symptoms are quite a bit different now. I think I'd feel more comfortable with a revised image of what's going on in there. I hope he feels the same way.
advertisement