Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have no Insurance. Is eForeignPharmacies a scam???

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
I have no Insurance and my wife has very serios chronic back pain. Is there any reliable Online Foreign or American Pharmacies. We already tried one and got scamed. I dont know what else to do.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi and welcome to SH forum! I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles. My suggestion to you is to see if your wife can get a prescription of something generic to help her pain from a doctor or maybe the doctor's office may have samples of medicine she can try. There are teaching hospitals and free clinics that you might be able to take her to.
    It's never a good idea to get medication over the internet at one of those pharmacies. You should always obtain a prescription for medication. Some of those places on the web sell medication that don't have the same formula as the meds that you are needing. Also, you would be taking medications without the supervision of a doctor. You should ALWAYS be under the supervision of a doctor when taking medications.
    Good luck finding a university teaching hospital or free clinic to help your wife find some help. It's really neat that you are supporting her and trying to find help for her... How did she come to be in so much pain? Was she injured??
    Again, welcome!">image
  • Hi there, welcome to SH! :)

I applaud you for trying to find ways to help your ailing wife! Sadly, many spouses not only won't help, but many actually turn on the injured spouse and often leave and/or divorce them because they can't deal with the "new" person we often become when riddled with chronic pain. It's very refreshing to read someone that is trying to help! Good for you!!! =D>

Would you mind telling us where you live so that we might be better able to help find you some organizations that may help get prescription meds for your wife? Geography will make a difference in suggestions of possibilities for you.

Also, maybe you could fill us in on the issues your wife has? Where is her pain? Did she suffer an injury or did it just come on w/o a known cause? How long has she been suffering in pain? Has she ever been seen by a Dr for her pain? Does she take any medications at this time for the pain, and if so, where has she been getting it from? Anything you can tell us might enable us to better help you. I'm not trying to be nosy, just need more info so I know where to start looking for a solution for you.

Again, it's great that you are advocating for your wifes health and I (and I'm sure many others here) will do all I can to try to help you.

Hang in there, I know how difficult this must be for you but you've taken a very important first step toward helping her and hopefully I can offer you some suggestions soon after getting some of the information I've requested from you.

• I live fairly close to the Mexico border and in the winter the snowbirds (retired people from cold climates & Canada) go nuts shopping for all of their med's down there. My husband is on quite a few different medications and one of them is very expensive, even with insurance. We asked his doctor one day if we could get that one med in Mexico instead. His doctor highly recommended that we stay with the local pharmacy and pay the extra cash. So we did! It seems to be good enough for the snowbirds but many of them are on a very tight income. As for me & my husband, we'll stick to what we know and what the doctor recommends. There must be a reason that he does! We prefer to not take any chances.
  • I would look into programs such as www.ppa.org (partnership for prescription alliance). Programs like this go by your income and they're designed for people with no health insurance that need medications.

I would never buy medications over the internet or over the border in Mexico. These meds aren't usually FDA approved and besides, you don't know what's in them! They could be tampered with, or be placebo's, there's just too many dangers involved, not to mention if you buy meds online w/o a prescription, you run the risk of getting caught and doing time as it's illegal.

I'll see if I can find the name of the other prescription assistance program my Dr's office participates in. If I find it I'll come back and post it for you.

I hope you're able to get her some help, but please please please do not buy online or across the border!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.