Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats in a Title ??

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
All the forums/topics here are pretty much free formats. Put aside the Forum rules that must be followed what members use as topic names can be very helpful.

In some categories, I have found almost the identical forum topic:

Acupuncture
ACCUPUCTURE
Have you had Acupuncture
Does Acupuncture help
etc

(those are NOT the real names of topics, but some may match)

Then you read those topics and they are all basically asking the same question. So sometimes the responses have to be given in all topics. That is not a good example of time management.

What I am suggesting is that before you create a new TOPIC
look through that Category to see if there are other topics that sound similar. No sense recreating the wheel if you question/story/situation can fit into one of the existing topics.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• If you have a similar question, that isn't answered in the first post, will you reach the same number of people, and get the response you need, if you continue and post your question in the other persons thread?

Its hard for all of us to keep track of the answers we have already posted. Also, If I have already answered in a topic, and say for a week, the topic goes silent, I'm not likely to go back to it too see if there are questions from someone new...

Just a thought...

Amanda
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    Amanda, you hit on a topic that has come up for the past several years with Spine-Health even on different software platforms.

About a year ago, several members wanted to see us consolidate forum topics so that there would be a few topics, perhaps 2 per category. This way they felt the had to look in only a few places.

I totally disagreed with that. That would have meant a few forums with hundreds and hundreds of posts. Now how do you keep track of that?

In my previous post, I tried to present this:

1) Before creating a new topic, see if there is already one that covers basically the same question you are. If there is one, then make the post there.

2) If you dont find a topic that is close, just make sure when you give it a name, make it unique enough so it is not confusing with another thread.

I personally dont mind many threads started and followed.
    I do like them when the name is unique enough that the person who created it can easily find it.

I just like unique names, it makes viewing easier

Here is my normal ritual for forum browsing:

1) Look at any Private Messages and answer them
    2) Go to the More Support Category - Troubleshooting to
    see if there are any new threads there.
    3) Then Go to TREATMENT and check Pain Management and
    Pain Medications
    4) Then Go to PAIN and look at those

But when I look at most categories, my first pass is checking those that I recognize. Then time permitting I start to go through the others.

Every one has a different approach to forum following
  • When I log on, I first check and answer any PM's since I love getting them :D We should have one of those sound affects like "you have pm" =))

Then I click on View my posts, to see if there are any recent replies

Then I click on View recent posts, skim through them to see if I can answer any...

Then often I click on "DARNIT, I hit the wrong button" and my whole post is erased! =))

Then, if I still have a few minutes, I check the "view topics I have posted" Which, I think that link is worded a bit confusing. It sounds like topics I created... I think the two titles should be switched ("view topics I have posted, and "view my posts") just a thought.

Then sometimes, if my brain is working right, I think "oh hey, I wonder what that really interesting thread is doing now" and I can look it up. Otherwise, If they aren't at the top of the recent posts, I don't remember those topics.
  • Are you referring to the topic, subject, or title? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    the title of the topic, not the subject line for the posts.
  • I agree that it is frustrating to see 10 different "Being Denied Pain Meds" threads and having to wade through them all to get to the one you participated in earlier.

Or when someone posts the same thread in multiple forums.

I know it has been discussed before, but being able to subscribe to to thread would make it so nice, and possibly help reduce multiple threads

Thanks for asking the end users Ron!

"C"
advertisement