Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

little panic here.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok, SO I saw my O/S 2 weeks ago at 20 weeks post op and all was pretty good though we changed the meds to lyrica (as I was getting jerks during the night) and reduced the OxycontinSR to 5mg x 2.
Since I saw him I have been experiencing more pain in my ankles and more pins and needles which i didn't have until now. I had that and numbness predominately before surgery and the other day i had a really numb foot for the first time since surgery. :''(
So I called him this morning and his wonderful, helpful and understanding PA is on holidays and the girl who replaced her is not so hot. She just wanted to book me in to see him tomorrow which is fine but I need to know if he wants me to have the CT now instead of in 4 weeks.
When I asked if I could speak to him as really I just need reassurance she acted like I was from another planet.
So I have an appointment with him tomorrow at his main surgery which is an hrs drive away (I usually see him more locally to me) but am hoping to hear from him today (SOON) to maybe not need the appointment or the CT yet.
OK I am rambling because I an nervous. Sorry guys I really just needed to get it out, this is not like me at all and I had to cancel my hydro in case I missed his call.

Thanks for listening - or reading as the case may be.
Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear you are having problems like this. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your doc and his staff..... it's really too bad that you are having to deal with this twinkie this week.

You will have your normal PA back soon and you will be happy again and not anxious :D In the mean-time, as you know, if you lose any control of your extremities or the pain goes through the roof..blah, blah, blah (I luv talking to the experienced people in the forum) go to the ER......

Don't be afraid, it's probably completely normal.

Best of wishes to you,
    sean
  • Hang in there, girl! You have been through a lot through the years, and you will make it JUST FINE! You know that all of us here will be thinking about you and want to hear back from you as soon as you find out anything, ok?
  • I'm sure all is fine and it's part of the healing process. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Yvonne
  • Hi Sara, I'm sorry that you are having this anxiety. I know how that feels. You said you had to cancel your hydro? I'm sorry if I sound silly, but what is that? Do you have any medications that you can take to help you relax any?

I hope that you hear from your doctor soon. Try to do something to take your mind off of your worries :(

I'm sure things will work out fine. Keep us posted :D

Amanda
  • >:D< Thank you so much for the support. I know it probably is nothing and for some silly reason I have just paniced unnecessarily.
    It really means a lot to have the support here >:D<

Amanda, Hydrotherapy is what you call aqua therapy. Exercising in warm pool with a physio. I have 2 sessions a week (would love 7) as this is the best part of the week for me.
    I keep telling the physio that I want a job in the hydro pool, maybe working with arthritis patients etc. WHo knows maybe I will look into it.

I have been taking Emergency essence which does help- basically it is a flower essence for trauma, panic that type of thing. You just take 7 drops under your tongue as needed. I do think it is helping.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Sara, sorry to hear you are having some new (old)symptoms. Hopefully it is just one of those all too common setbacks that resolve themselves in a few days time. Let us know how it comes out. Hope you can make up your hydro session. Take care, >:D< Sue
advertisement