Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone see Dr Phil last night?

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Pain Medications
Holy cow, that poor woman. She was addicted to pain meds and said she took like 30 vicoden a day on top of a bunch of other stuff like davocet. How can she still be alive? He husband, god bless him, is sticking by her if she gets help. She had 4 kids too , one was like 10 months old. It was very sad.
advertisement

Comments

• I had a run like that about 25+ atleast vicodin a day (I could
    only get vicodin on street) Plus 5 or so norco's percocet and a daily regimen of 10 other meds like Adderall ambien remeron antidepressants hand fulls of klonipin and ativan. Us addicts always say 1000 is never enough. Youd be surprised what the human body can tolerate ive been clean totally (Besides the meds in my signature) for 3 months now and my liver and everything is tip top shape and I was on that run for over 4 years. Maybe im lucky :??
  • that show, I felt so bad for the family.. I cant imagine taking that many a day, on a bad day I take 10,,,,, Her poor children too,, and I hope she gets off them and make a good life again, it was heart wrentching
  • Im glad I didnt have a family of my own to watch me go through that. My family had a hard time enough watching me kill myself
    daily. My heart goes out to her and hopefully she has gotten help :??
  • caught the last part. I knew I wanted to watch that episode but ended up taking my kids to the ponds to feed the ducks. When I got back it was the end of it. About 6 yrs ago my girlfriend (this was before I knew her) called in her RX's. She would call in 90 at a time. She used to work for a docs office. Well after about 2 yrs of this the pharmacy finally caught on when she was prescribing herself 90 vicodin every 3 days. They called the docs office and found out they never called it in. When she went to get her RX they said it wasn't ready yet even though she called it in the day before. She knew something was wrong. She left right away and the cops arrested her on her front lawn. She went through detox and rehab. She learned her lesson, well from what I thought. She told me this after she found out I was on meds. She at one point asked if she could have a couple of my pills and I told her HELL NO and htat if she EVER asked again I would have to "betray" her and tell her hubby. She never asked again. I think that she still has the potential to do this though. She once again works in the medical field. At one point she told me she grab a RX pad from a doc and had his signature. I went to her house, ripped them all up and told her enough is enough and if ANYTHING like this happened again I would tell her husband no IFS ANDS or BUTs about it. It is a vicious cycle I tell you!
    I can see how the ones that are legally prescribed meds can become addicted. I have been on and off meds for about 5 yrs. before and after my surgery, afte I had my son since he came out facing the wrong way and cracked my pelvic bone and then again over the course of the last yr. My doc is trying to get to the bottom of my pain. It is either and infection, tumor, hardware is loose, hardware is not holding up, cracked vertibrae etc. I have taken myself off of the meds for months at a time here and there. I do not have an addictive personallity and I am thankful for that. But I have noticed that when I do take myself off of the meds that when I start again I get the euphoric feeling from them. So I now take less than prescribed. I do not get the euphoric feeling and my meds just barely take the edge off. When I am having a bad day I will take a couple more which is still under the prescribed amount. I feel that SOME docs are not careful and can make their patients addicts but blame the patient. I for one know a couple of people. The whole narcotics thing just scares me in the sense of becoming addicted. That is why I take less than prescribed and go periods without taking them. I am in excrusiating pain when I do go off of them though but I try to muster through it.
  • phew what a nightmare Melissa , Hope your friend is doing better now :??
  • that was on the show who was taking a bunch of pain pills, bought some online, gambled away money for the bills, and drove her kids to and from school stoned everyday. The husband had left all the finances to her, and she hid all the bills. Next thing he knew, the house went into foreclosure and she told him they had to move. He was totally clueless; he worked hard and made good money. I feel sorry for the whole family. The wife has two addictions to address, they lost their nice house, and the kids were put at risk. And she even pawned her wedding ring.
    I don't remember what she was on pain meds for, but it just escalated. This episode aired about 3-4 weeks ago.
  • Shit my bad wrong thread that post was for the friend of an addict on another thread my bad
advertisement