Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some idea of what to do next

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I just found out a few months ago that I have DDD and 4 out of 5 lumber is bulging. I was under the care of my primary care Doc. We were starting to talk about doing trigger point injection and getting an ECG done since I was starting to have numbness in my left middle toes. Well the week I went to call the places mu doctor refereed me to, My husband lost his job and that same day the insurance were terminated at midnight of the day he lost his job. Luckily it was only 2 days and he had another job. Bad thing is though, we had to wait 30days before the new insurance kicked in. Oh and we moved from Florida to North Carolina. So new place, new doctor and new insurance. I went to my doctor in FL for one last appointment before I moved to NC. I wanted to get a copy of my records, So I wouldn't have to get test redone after only 3 months. He suggested that I get a new Doctor and then have them contact the office in FL to get my record sent to the Doctor in NC. So I did it, I got a new doctor here is NC, filled out the form to have my records sent. That was 4 weeks ago. The new office still hasn't received my records. When I was going to the doctor in FL, he had me on Lortab 10, mobic, and flexrial. My new doc lower my pain meds to lorcet plus, which is 7.5/650. oh and he also changed my med from 4/day to 3/day. also he only gave me 30 for 10 days. I was getting lortab 10 60 for 2 weeks. I understand he has never seen me before, a lot of people claim to have back pain and just want the drugs. I am just annoyed with how long it is taking to get my records from FL. I am in pain a lot more, and I am getting so stressed with everything, that I have become every short fuse. I have a 2 1/2 year old that I currently stay at home with, I have to keep up with her and the housework, all this with the pain. I also started to have more left leg pain as well as the numbness in my toes. I feel like I am just suck in pain while the doctors can get their stuff together.
Sorry this is so long. I just need to get it all out to people who understand. My family doesn't understand cause they aren't living with the pain I am. Thanks in advance for all comments or advise yall have
advertisement

Comments

• I hope your doctor gets your records soon. That must be very frustrating. Can you call the office in FL, and make sure they got the request? You never know, things may have gotten messed up.

And forget the housework. Only do what is necessary. Keeping up with a 2 1/2 year old while in pain, is enough to handle. Just my 2 cents.

I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and welcome to NC, I hope you like it here.