Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Worst Day of my Life!

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Depression and Coping
Well, today was my first day back to work after 3 months. ( I had an epi Ayg 27th and it worked). I cried all day in my cubicle. I had to to the Nurse office first with my Dr letter and then I went over to see the big boss to let him know Im back. ( I work in a satallite office) He wasnt in so as I was leaving one of our Union Reps grabbed me and said I was being written up for 10 cases. I am a Parole Officer and we have caseloads of over 300, 10 is nothing. Any way I have a meeting with the big boss Thursday. The Union rep said he was going to fire me but they have to write up first. So then as I am deiving back to my office, my cell is ringing off the hook. Its my supervisor at the satallite office. As soon as I walked in the door he yells Get in my office! And tells me I disrespected him and to get out and get to work. I have a feeling they are trying to get rid of me because of this on going back problem. Ive been there 15 yrs and this is how Im treated. I even came in to write a few reports for this supervisor when I was on FMLA> Im so upset. I almost walked right out the door. I dont know if I can do this. No one came over to see me or ask how I was ( only my 2 friends in the office)
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry hun you got treated that way.

I cant really give you any advice, i just wanted you to know that we are here and that we care. I work in a nursing home for the elderly, last month when I handed in my time sheet the staff didnt talk to me at all...their problem not mine!

Hold your head up high, shoulders back and know that you are the best you can be.

All the best hun
    Danni xxxx
  • thank you. I just read Cinderella to my kids before bed time and all my cares just melted away.
  • Been there, done that. I believe that they are trying to get rid of you. The first signs are making you uncomfortable at the job site, whether it be outright false and malicious claims of incompetency or slowly altering your hours and/or duties to the point of getting you to leave voluntarily.

These types of situations happen all the time to people who are injured. You have now become a liability and they don't want you to injure yourself at the workplace and (in their minds) wind up sueing them.

My advice, write everything down that anyone has said, dates, times, get all your medical info together, doc reports, scans, etc.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh about this but i've been on the recieving end and personally seen others go through the same thing during my 47 years on this planet. It's a typical workplace pattern.
    Good luck,
    -Jim
  • Paul, he does this because he is a moron. He was "put" in the position because his brother in law is a Judge. He cant even turn the computer on by himself. Whenever the spotlight is put on him he gets furious because it shows how incompetent he really is. He was so rude again to me today. I tried to take the high road and went out at lunch time and got him a card and wrote a very nice letter in it apologizing for any inconveniences I has caused and that I did the best I could being in so much pain. I tried to explain that I wasn't being disrespectful but it is hard to concentrate when you're hurting so much. I took full responsibility for any mistakes I made this past year and said I would give 100%. He came back and thru a file at me and said here. Well, I tried. I cried so hard last night. My husband suggested I apply where he works. Its a great company to work for. I actually sat with his boss at the Flyers game on Saturday ( I'm from Philly)I think a change is in order for me.
  • And also we are allowed 6 months of FMLA I took 4
advertisement