Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Exffor for Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
My Doctor has prescribed Pristiq for my pain. It is I am told the newest version of Exffor. My question is how long does it take for it to start helping with the pain. I'm not sure if I can handle taking it as it is causing my anxiety to spike... Gawd, I can't stand that feeling of being anxious. I am also taking Remeron for anxiety. It seems wierd or scary to be mixing to antidepressants together but that's what my Doctor wants. :?
advertisement

Comments

• Suziee,

If you have questions on your medications, you should call your doc or you can also call the pharmacy.

Everyone's body is different and the length of time it takes for a medication to build up to a therapeutic level in each of us is difficult to say. Too many variables.

Many drugs are what is known as concomitant. What they do is help another drug to become more effective. (layman's terms) When your doc prescribed you the new medication, did you ask about it being combined with the Remeron?

"C"
  • Yep, I asked him about taking them both and he said they work wonderful together.
  • My personal experience with effexor was pretty nasty i became suicidal but I have also heard of others that it worked well for. Best of luck pm me with any questions
  • My husband has been on effexor and wellbutrin for about 10 years and it works very well for him. Do not be afraid to try it. If it were dangerous to take together I am sure that the doc would not have prescribed it. If it does not work well for you than you can always come off of it and try something else. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • it takes awhile sometimes for a medication to take full effect. i personally could not take it. i tried it for my fibromyalgia.
    well i felt zoned out of my mind. i could not think clear and because i had anxiety also it made my heart race.
    it did not one thing for my body pain.
    but everyone is different you will hear that over and over again.
    if it continues i would call the dr again. as it may just not be the right med for you.
    plus what type of pain are they using it for on you if you do not mind me asking???

hang in there
    take care
    terri >:D< >:D<
  • I am taking it for nerve pain although I have other problems with my back that are yet to be determined. I have only be on it 3 days and I think it helping the nerve pain.

I just hope I can tolerate it.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.