Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Only a lifetime.

JohnJJohn Posts: 964
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello,
In my newbie days I had no inclination what was to follow, a lifetime of pain and imposed changes, in some reflection I was glad I did not know the future and have adapted to all the imposed changes well, if not through gritted teeth. My Mr angry phase took time to manage more effectively, I have sought necessary support and my driven self honed toward helping myself at every opportunity.

It is not within my gift to use the length of my meritorious chronic pain to feel superior, to some extent I am still sad that those new members still continue to arrive here needing support and a kind word, as the volume of patients continues unabated. Not for them the perceived miracle cure or emphatic surgery, the blueprint of prescriptive therapies identical in a well trodden path, an obligatory route only dissimilar in the timing. A tick box to potential recovery, as page two soon arrives.

Comparing is good when it orders you in the hierarchy of need and we use those less fortunate to equate how difficult it is for them, we use this in relation to our condition that as you say things could be worse, that concept in itself does not change our situation but may help with our attitude or perception and some begrudging acceptance. As many here our lives are very diffident than we ever imagined and we are to be applauded for the tenacity and endeavour we use every day to survive.

It is never easy offering advice when chronic pain is so individual that similar proposals are only suggested ideas, through trial and painful error, our objective is to foreshorten that duration needed for experience, and we have all benefited for others experience, even if only finding temporary relief. I sometime feel cast adrift, the management of my pain down to me, I am expected to endure more pain than when in hospital, where the provision of relief was more attentive to my needs.

This whole thing has taught me about myself and the world around me, I will continue with the same enthusiasm, and never give in.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

John
advertisement

Comments

• John- alot to think about and a good philosophy as a chronic pain person. Alot of days I just put 1 foot in front of the other and look ahead and try to not look behind. I have learned alot, some lessons good, some lessons not so good. I learned that no matter where I go, I am there...jade
This discussion has been closed.