Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh no, its back...........

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a second shot in my neck about 3 weeks ago. Today my neck and arm are really hurting. Alot. My arm feel weak while I'm typing. I have a followup with the pain dr next week and an appt to see a NS the week after. I'm thinking no more shots. Last time I did this the second shot lasted over a year, not a few weeks. What do you think? And I'm so tired....... :/
advertisement

Comments

• Shots effect people differently every time, and is different where they put them. I stay away from the shots. Because after so many, it actually begins to eat away your joints and bones....Mine only lasted a week barely.
  • Mine didn't even last a week (my 3rd one). I have an appt. with a NS on Monday to see what is next. I'd say if you already have hyperreflexia, you may have to have surgery ASAP as it sounds like myelopathy for you. I'm so sorry the shot didn't work. PLEASE let us know how you come out with the nS and I'll post the same. I have about the same thing going on as you do (cervical cspine and lots of dessication and one large herniation and lots of bulges ;) Yippee! (not!)

GOOD LUCK
    Sandra

• just want to let you know im thinking about you and wishing lots of luck and good thoughts, send me a P.M. when you have time. Patsy
  • :) well, your neck may be telling you the answer. if you are having the same pain as before chances are that is that. the shots can work differently each time and i am sure you are hoping for the same result you had the first time. don't panic yet and give your a doctor call. it could be rest is all you need. good luck and keep us posted! Jenny :)
  • Thanks for the input. I am worried about getting too many shots and what it does to the bone, since mine are degenerated.
    I have an appt with a NS on the 14th. They say I don't have myelopathy my my reflexes have become more hyper. I wonder if the spine is impinged but not damaged if you get similiar results. On my lying down mri it's encroaching but I wonder what happens when I sit.Cindyor Sandra, our cervical region sounds similiar so please let us know what happens with the NS. I see the PM dr next friday. :<
  • Hi Curly. What about your reflexes in your arms - do you have any? I was absolutely HYPO reflexic - no reflexes at all. But he didn't seem too concerned about it (my OS who referred me to a NS) since he said they are symmetrical. But from everthing I've read, that is not good. He didn't test my knee or ankle reflexes, but I'm sure the NS will. Yes, I'll post an update as soon as I have one. I go in MOnday at 9:30 am. Thanks.
  • I do have arm reflexes, I'm guessing they are normal cause I have not had any reaction. I've noticed people trying it more than once but no comment.
    Good luck with your visit!! Thanks for all your help.
  • Who says you don't have myelopathy?
    If you don't have myelopathy that will be a blessing!
    I was told once by a doc. that I didn't have it neither
    but he was very wrong.
    My legs are very hyper,brisk,jumpy
    they all call them something different,my elbow or arms were not as bad as my legs one month ago, but my last 2 appointments. they find my arms elbow and even wrist(sometimes they work so fast on ya your not sure what they are testing) reflexes are getting more hyper and now they say a #4 in upper body, I'm not real sure what that really means with the numbers, just know that it has gotten more hyper in upper body. I have to go see a special doc. on the 7th(ha)(ha) I'm not going into that spec.doc. stuff. Then I will go back to N.S.
    I understand where your coming from with having too many shots curly.my last shots in my neck were over 2 years ago, yes they helped, for a while, gave me some pain relief in neck area and kept migraines away. I never went back for the 3rd shot. because well that's opening another can of worms. and I can never have the shots again. hopefully after surgery wont need or want any shots(fingers crossed for all of us out their in this cruddy situation)

I hope you can get some answers on the 14th.(think positive)

I have a question??????? maybe someone knows the difference why do sum of us have hyper reflexes and sum have hypo reflexes, I realize they are the opposite but what causes one or the other? Is one of the two worse?
    Sorry for asking my own questions on your post Curly, hope you don't mind. lots of hugs Patsy

• I am not sure that I can answer your question, but my legs have hyperreflexia and my left arm shows very little signs of reflexes. I am sure that it has to do with the damage to my spinal cord. The signs of myeolpathy that I have are probably going to be with me forever, but since my second surgery they are not getting worse. Perhaps this may help a litle, or it might be more confusing :? but it does tell us about the differences of the two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreflexia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyporeflexia

mark

• LadyBug the mri said it was not myelopathy but I see a ns on the 14th and taking a disc of films with me. Patsy, I'm like you with the legs and they said once that my right arm was hypo but we know that nerve was injured.
    I am in a lot of pain tonight, how do you stay positive lady bug?

advertisement