Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally Home From ALIF!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H Hi Friends!

I just wanted to check in with you all and let you know that I am finally home from my ALIF on the 25th.
All went well, but I ended up staying a couple of more days due to no BM! YAY!
Well my incision is about 8 inches long and it doesn't really hurt that much probably due to other 2 surgeries on my belly. My back didn't hurt at all after the surgery up intil about 2 days ago. I'm not eating that much, lost some weight, YAY, but all is good so far. On percs and Oxycontin too. Walking with a walker and living in my spare room in a hospital bed.
I will say that things have not been easy through all this especially with my MIL'S death last week, but boy did we get by with flying colors!!!

Well, gotta go and sleep since I have to keep fixing my spelling!! HAHA!

Kim

advertisement

Comments

• Well done Kim. I hope you continue to heal well! Let us know! =D>
  • Good to see you back on line. I had been wondering ow you were getting on. Did the family manage ok while you were away?

I'm going in on Monday and have dried apricots and prunes (big bag of) to helpwith the BM's and hopefully get home on time..

You'll be well on your way when I finally get back online

Snoops x
  • Welcome back Kim! I hope things continue to go well for you. Just remember to follow all your post-op orders and take it easy.

• =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
    You did it girlfriend!!!!!!!!
    Surprised they made you stay to have a BM oh my :O
    They used to years ago. But now its like get them out of here we don't want them anymore!! =))
    Keep up on your med schedule hun especially with the mix your on. It should keep you comfy.
    Please read my new post on please be careful post op.

So glad your home, sorry about the extra few days of stay, was wondering if you got flushed down the toilet by mistake =)) =))

We are here for you darling during your "long" road of recovery.

LOVE YOU!!!
    Terri
    xoxoxoxoxox :* >:D< :* >:D< :*
  • Hi Keecho, so glad to see you made it through to the other side. Now is time for rest and healing. Each week will get better and better. Let your hubby and kids take care of you, while you focus on healing. Walk and rest, walk and rest, walk and rest ;) I hope your tummy is doing okay with pain meds now, and I am looking forward to hearing how the tummy-tuck came out :) >:D< >:D< Cali-Sue
  • Kim, glad you're home! we're about the same age. I'm 37 & have two awesome kids, too. I'm glad you had the fusion and the opportunity to heal and go on with life. I know how hard it is to have little ones and not be able to be the active mom you wanna be. I'll be there again & so will you. :)
advertisement