Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Front leg pain, SI joint problems

brynellenbbrynellen Posts: 9
Hi,

Long story sort of short: I have a grade I Spondylolisthesis, herniated L5-S1 (HUGE) during my last pregnancy (last Aug) and finally gave up and had surgery (I thought a microdiscectomy, but turns out by looking at my last MRI...laminectomy) in April of this year. Thought I'd be doing a lot better by now, but I'm not. Had PT this summer and it was concluded that my SI joints are giving me the majority of my pain problems now. (My nerve problems are still there, but I guess it will take time?) I started seeing a different chiropractor and since then, my front thigh hurts and tingles. I am praying I don't have any new herniations. But my last MRI in June showed a 'broad based bulge at L4-L5' (among other things like stenosis, a LOT of scar tissue and swelling, etc.) Do you think my SI joint problems can cause this pain? Or do you think that herniated disk has gotten worse? I've never had pain in the front of my leg before. (My pain has been in my left leg running down the back to my foot.) I have since stopped the chiropractor, as I told him the last 2 times I had that pain and he said I was "healing." I just didn't trust that answer.

I am a stay at home mom of a 3 year old and 9 month old (BIG Heavy) baby. I am sure that whatever is going on isn't getting much of a chance to heal due to lifting and chasing all day.

My nerve pain consists of tingles, pins and needles and 'cold feelings' mostly in my calf and foot now. My big toe feels like it's been dipped in ice cold water and then is dripping dry. And when the pain in the front of the leg is bad, it tingles to my knee.

I am currently taking neurontin (low dose because I am still breastfeeding) B complex, Magnesium-Calcium-Zinc, Fish oil, Vit C (all things I've read may help with my nerve and muscle pain) I'm walking 3 miles a day, using my inversion table...but I'm at my witts end. I can't be in this pain everyday with 2 little ones. ANY ideas as to what's going on or what I can do would be GREATLY appreciated!!

advertisement

Comments

• I really do not have any answers for you but did want to tell you that after my microD last december my leg pain has shifted to the front of my thigh to knee. It was back of leg to knee before surgery. as far as I know, I do not have SI joint problems. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • My pain has only ever been in the the front of my thigh and groin area down to knee. Knee and below are numb at times and tingling or burning other times. It has been so extreme that I was hospitalized for a week on a morphine pump-to no avail. My MRI showed a bulging disc at l3-l4 sitting on a nerve root. I think I am lucky that after 2 months, surgery is on 12/01/08. It sounds like others have had to wait much longer.