Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new pain and leg numbness after fall down the stairs

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello my name is Cathy I am 34 years old and in 1998 I had a car accident and broke 3 bones in my back I had a spinal fusion and things have been ok til about a month ago. I fell down the stairs about 11 of them spent a week in the hosipital my neuro doc said I had alot of twisting and bending but nothing was broken so he told me 8 weeks off of work and OT and PT and home. Problem is my pain is horrible and now I a new problem I have weakness and numbness in my left leg and it will just give out and if am not using the walker I go down. Does anyone have any similar problems after there fusion, there are taling about taking the rods out but I dont know any information would help!!! THANKS
Cathy
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Cathy to spine-health. As you probably have browsed the boards there is wealth of information on here.
    We are not medical professionals and can only give you our own personal advice.

How long has it been since you fell??? Just 4 weeks??
    Is that 8 week point up? of resting etc??

If it is and you still have that pain. Call your surgeons office that did your orginal surgery.

I know my ortho's office when I called Wednesday said it is normal right after surgery. That the nerves are swollen and need to calm down before they can make a assesment.
    Its possible they may want to do some testing hun.

But your surgery was a long time ago.
    So that would be your best bet. Especially if you cannot walk without the walker with out falling.

Hang in there
    Anything else you need please ask any of us.
    Terri >:D<
  • Just wanted you to know I hope all turns out ok. I would too also contact the org. Dr. if possible to let him or her know what has happend. Wishing you the best. >:D<
  • What level was your fusion at? Also where in your leg, foot are you getting the pain and numbness.
    Is it at the same location as before you had the original surgery?
    I am sorry you are going through this now, especially after having been OK for so long. Make the most of the rest and if you are concerned then call the Dr - he can probably re-assure you.

Blessings Sara O:)