Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

yeast free diet

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Has anyone tried this diet and had a postive change in regards to chronic pain? It is very restrictive but i went to a dietitian and she thinks i have too much yeast accumulation and this could make me feel better.
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Paul, :)
    As you are one of the moderators on here 8> , it would be really impressive if you were to try this diet for us lol :))( . Set us an example :) , come on whats a few weeks without Pizza..beer..Wine...etc #:S .Keep us Posted about how you get on paul :H

lol =))

Angie x
  • Hiya >:D<
    Welcome to Spine Health :) . I have never heard of the diet :O . But if it does help then what you got to lose :)
    Let us know how you get on. :?

Angie x :H
  • oh my i am eating a lot of nuts and eggs. I hate cooking so made chicken breast with bacon tonight....no alcohol so i am at home while my boyfriend is out partying.
  • Hiya >:D<
    How long did she say you would be on the diet for? :/ Did she say how long it would be before you feel a difference? :/ I find this thread interesting, and i hope it does work for you :H Keep us Updated! 8>

Angie x
  • About 10 years ago, I went on a yeast free diet. It was difficult and had to give up alot of things I liked. I gave up pizza with tomato sauce, cheese and mushrooms, potatoes, chocolate, sugar, bacon and lunch meats, pretty much all processed foods, dairy?, alot of fruits?.. I can't remember exactly but it was a challenge. No bread unless it was yeast free and I remember hunting for it and found a local sour dough bread but pricey. I pretty much ate fresh meats with vegetables. I lost alot of weight and it helped decrease my bloating. A chiro thought it might cure my pain problems and I was willing to try anything. I still had pain problems but I was a lean, mean fighting machine.. :B ...jade
  • but it did nothing for your pain?? I am already very fit, so I dont need to do this for weight loss purposes...Also, the diet i am on allows bacon and lunch meat but i guess i should cut those out too. She said to try for 2 weeks...should notice difference after that. Yogurt isnt allowed either?!?
  • Hiya :)
    Have you ever tried Fennel Tea for bloating it does give instant relief :? . Also try changing cow's milk to soya milk :O , the sweetened sofa is not to bad at all :) .Please let me know how you get on now you have other options.

Angie x
  • girlwithbro- I did not notice any help with my pain. It did help the abdominal bloating as I had IBS back then.
    I don't have the diet but it was pretty strict and I was not allowed most processed foods like snack foods, processed meats, cheeses, bread, potatoes, dairy and on and on. I believe the diet did a general detox and I barely had any fat left. I ate mostly fresh meat and fresh vegs. But it was really hard around holidays...jade
  • My daughter has IBS and Functional gut disorder :O , so if you need advice and tips she is happy to help you :? .

• no one has had any relief from muscle pain from any diet theyve tried?? I just got injections :''( omg those hurt like HEll!! Does anyone know if it is normal to feel numb after and will it hurt to massage the area after the injection is given??
  • Is it the epidural that you are having? :/ I have had them before and waiting to have some more both the epidural and the facet joint injections :''( . The epidural the last time i had them i was numb for a few days :O , you need good hearing to pee! :))(

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.