Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone with MS???? Or family members??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Everyone,
I hope this day finds you well ;)
I would like to know how many of you out there have MS? I know I have 4 cousins in wheelchairs due to this. All from the same family.
Your symptoms as they vary from person to person.
How long it took to get a diagnosis?
What treatments are you on and how they work for you?

The reason for this post is there is so many with this illness. I personally am headed to a NS for a brain MRI to rule out or find out :? Many that have read my posts have known about my walking issues. Well now (possible) it still could be cardio related BUT also is very similar to MS.
I finally after being home since the 19th from a revision surgery was able to walk with the walker down at least 2 houses and back <:P BUT half way back the legs froze again and started going outwards. Then started getting weak and they started to buckle while walking. Very painful :''(
The more I read last night on a MS support group well I also have cramping in the feet. A rubber band effect just underneath my ribs (near waist) level. Headaches/vertigo.
Now also wondering if the other Rheumy is right and I do not have Fibromyalgia. Since MS and FMS plus tons of others mimmick each other. There is no bone spurs in my MRI"s and no nerve impingement. So those are ruled out.

Anyways people that know me know I can write a book while posting and I do not want to do that.

Would love to hear from anyone. Even if its a family member.
I consider this topic chronic pain. If the mods feel it is not please feel free to move it.

Thanks!!!! ;)

Lots of hugs to everyone suffering today
>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
Terri O:)
advertisement

Comments

• I have so much to say
    but I must go get legs put up soon, my lap top is not working at the moment and sitting in this office is not to comfy. I will have A comment to this post when I can get back on

sending smile.... P.s. sometimes a little smile can take away a little pain.
    Patsy
  • Terri hi i actually had an appointment with the neurolagist on saturday past and he said he dosent think i have ms but he is going to do a brain scan, i too have weakness in the legs but i have stenoisis and i have impingment on the nerves..im just wondering did u have these symptoms before your spinal surgeries??.i feel for you and am thinking of u, u will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight, im currently waiting to see a rheumatolagist to see if i have muscular problems maybe that was never diagnosed and i was born with ..because i have scoloisis and i think many times scoloisis can be secondary to muscle problems...........i dont know what else to say to u terri..........do u ever come in chat??
  • terri see the pain under the ribcage is it like really really tight and u have difficulty breathing and swallowing..i get that
This discussion has been closed.