Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New commercial out for law suits against Chantix??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Stop Smoking
Hi everyone,
Has anyone seen the new commercial out there now this week about law suits and to call a lawyer if you or a someone you know has had suicidal thoughts, commited suicide or developed diabeties from using the drug chantix??

Now it makes me ifffy on whether to use it or not. As diabetics run high in my family.
I know there has been a ton of these law commericals for different meds out there.

How ligit are they really??? Is this information in the phamplet??? For those taking it. I will look it up on line but I was just curious..
advertisement

Comments

• ..But have not taken it yet.

I have not seen this commercail...but just Friday I was telling my BF that I had noticed changes in my bestfriend.Actually I was thinking these were positive changes,but she lives in PA and I'm here in NC so we only talk by phone now~but ANY changes after this many years is ..well it's weird.I love this woman,we've been BFF's since we were little kids.I'm talking over 40 years and that sounds weirdly scary in type.

Smoking is a nasty habit.My mom quit smoking Oct.24th 2004,but she still developed cancer and lost after only a short battle.5 short mos after her diagnoses and she was gone.

I do know several people that quit with the Chantix,which is why I wanted it~then I was aftraid to try it for a couple reasons:

1.It was new
    2.I was not ready to quit
    3.Not ready to quit-lol

Sick,I know-It was as if I wanted to quit...but not enough to take the chantix because I was afraid to give up my crutch.

I'll tell you this,my best friend and her husband took the chantix and they both quit smoking after only 4 days! They were pretty heavy smokers and she did'nt even really want to quit..just thought she could spend the money that was being spent on cigarettes elsewhere,and these are not people hurting for money (such as myself-lol).They have too.They've gone gambling in WV~they never gambled before.I do not know but I think they lost a little,not too much,maybe 400.Recently she bought a new MUSTANG,but she was always the SUV/TRUCK type,and one GOOD thing I think is that they have started going on short vacations.Niagra Falls/Hershey Park/etc.They've worked hard and they deserve everthing they want...my point is simply that it is out of character..but then again,we are'nt getting any younger.In our 40's tho~not like OLD.

Anyway-Thanks for posting because I had not heard this.I always have the TV on,and switch back & forth between news channels.I'll be sure to tell her about it too,or rather ASK her.She has enough health issues,I'd hate it if this causes her more :<