Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lasting Pain

darbymai59ddarbymai59 Posts: 55
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Well I went for another visit to my PM doctor this morning. Now we are going to try a PT that is trained in the McKenzie Method. All I can say is I hope it works. I am tired of having this pain in my back. Two weeks ago I had a transforaminal injection at L4 and it did help the sciatica but did not take it away completely and did not help the back pain.

Has anyone on this board tried the McKenzie Method of PT?

L3 thru S1 - 1 ESI - 2 Transforaminal Injections
Lumbar Medial Nerve Block, Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
DDD - Broad based central disk protrusion
Central spinal stenosis
Facet degenerative disease
Nueral foraminal narrowing
Osteophytes
advertisement

Comments

• :) i haven't but i want to wish you all the best. there is info on that method here on the forum. good luck and think positive! Jenny :)
  • When I herniated L4-5 last year I had ESI's and that method of PT and I didn't benefit from it. I wound up having 5 ESI's (2 post op),and I wound up having surgery. The injections did me no good either.
  • I have been using the McKenzie Method for over 10 years now. I do the exercises at home every day now and all I can say is that my pain would be constantly unbareable if I skip a day. I also have structured visits to my PT a couple of times a year to be evaluated and work on new exercises that will strengthen the mussles in my back and abdmon. The theripist are ve good not to push me to hard and cause the pain to worsen. I guess what I am saying is that Mckenzie works for me. I hope it will work for you. You need to put all the effort into it that you can and it always helps to have a great theripist.

Please keep up the good work... Rodney
  • What is the McKenzie Method? I've never heard of it.
  • srtaylssrtayl Posts: 146
    edited 06/14/2016 - 2:33 PM
    Here's an internal link.

http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/what-mckenzie-method-back-pain-and-neck-pain

The internal page will take you to the site, but it is difficult to get any real info... the following is a link @ the site Spine Health links to (so it should not be edited -- hello Paul, Ron.... how are you?) 

Regards,
    sean
  • My PT gave me a book that was written by Robin McKenzie. It is entitled Treat Your Own Back. You should be able to get it at any PT's office that practices the McKenzie Method. If now you can order it by calling 800-367-7393 or snail mail OPTP, PO Box 47009 Minneapolis, MN. 55447-0009

I hope this helps...Rodney...
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.