Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Root Nerve Injection

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Spinal Injections
Can any one give me some advice?
I had a Root nerve injection on Tues 7th Oct 2 days later my pain is still the same apart from my right arm and lip keeps going numb aswell. Is this commen? I have been told i have L4 and L5 slip disc and the bone between L4 and L5 decaying. How long should you wait for the injection to work?
advertisement

Comments

• :''( Been to the docs the nerve block hasn't work but it has travelled up my spine and has numbed my arm and the right side of my lip So it's op time now Great jusy ready for Christmas
  • Hi, sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you yet.

My doc has said give it a week to 10 days to see if it works.

Personally, injections have never worked for me. And I find it very frustrating to have to pay for something that doesn't work.
  • I have had several of my joints injected over the years, including nerve root injections for my back. It always varied on how long it took for them to take effect. My back injections took the longest, about 1 week but they also lasted the longest. I too have various spots of numbness and tingling until they took hold. I would also some never worked and some only worked partially...

Not a lot of help I suppose but give it more time. I had my knee and ankle done yesterday and have my back scheduled for the 31st.

Let me know how your went!

Gary
  • spuddog said:
    Hi, sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you yet.

My doc has said give it a week to 10 days to see if it works.

Personally, injections have never worked for me. And I find it very frustrating to have to pay for something that doesn't work.

Yes, I am out about $3k for spinal epidurals and for what? NOTHING!
  • 5 days out from 1st root block. I was told that the pain would probably be worse after a couple of days and they were right. 48 hours, almost to the minute, and things like sitting which caused little pain or irritation prior to shot were quite painful. They said give it 5-10 days to feel effects. My follow-up is in another 9 days. I will let you all know the outcome.

I don't hold much hope for this. I had two epidural injections with no effect, so much so that they didn't bother with the 3rd in the series.

advertisement