Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my introduction and my scoliosis

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, I am KIM and I am brand new here. I was reading some post because it is great to see that I am not the only one that feels so alone. I was diagnosed with scoliosis as a teen and wore a brace for 3 1/2 years. just barely escaped surgery. After I carried my twins my curve progressed to 52 degrees and I had anterior spinal fusion of T2-L3 with instrumentation in 2001 at the age of 28. In 2004 I began to have pain in my cervical and lumbar spine and it has progressed to the point that I am fentanyl patch and oxcodone SA. I have a few nerve blocks and a lot of PT and tried accupuncture with no long term pain relief. I am so at a loss. So many doctors give me they don't know why I am hurting and look at me like I am drug seeking. I just need to know if anyone has any ideas to throw out there. I am tired of this controlling my life and even though the docs don't believe me I don't want to be on these narcotics. If I can help anyone else on this site it would be great. at least something positive would come out of all this negative. that was enough from me. #:S
advertisement

Comments

• The only real advice that I can give to you is keep looking for a doc that is willing to find out what is causing your pain and willing to treat your pain. Most of us here have gone through the same difficulty as far as being diagnosed and unfortunately some of us have run the gamut of procedures and the only relief that we get is from the meds. I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that you are in the right place for understanding and support. You are not alone anymore. Please keep us posted.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support an answer what questions we can. i wore braces on my legs for many years when i was young as well. i know the pain and disappointment you must of went through during those growing years. :''( please continue the search for a diagnosis. perhaps the time will come when you will have to settle for your pain and treatment as it is. not all pain can be alleviated and there is not a diagnosis out there for some of us. it is another life long battle. :T good luck on your search for relief. Jenny :)
  • I'm getting tired & off to bed,but wanted to say hello & welcome you to Spine Health before I logged off for the night.

You are in a good place.People here are supportive and you won't be alone.There are times I've been awake all night and S~H was here.My BF works nights so believe me it helps sometimes knowing I'm not alone.. :)))

I believe something positive already came Kim... :)