Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lidoderm Patches

shar51sshar51 Posts: 241
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Pain Medications
Does anyone use these or tried them? They seem to be helping my neck and my shoulder. At this point I would try anything, see my surgeon on the 22nd and it seems so long away. I have a tear in my shoulder but a lot of the symptoms are coming from the neck, I'm scared.

Sharon
advertisement

Comments

• But they seem to be superficial for me. They don't offer much relief.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,726
    several forum topics discussing the Lidoderm Patches.
    I used them for about 18 months. I would generally use 2 or 3 patches at a time. The adhesive is the greatest, so one of my problems was keeping those patches on.

These patches are a type of pain relief in that you need to build up a level to make them more efficient. In the beginning, I thought that they didnt do anything to help with the painful areas. But then I noticed after a while, they were more effective.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • They help some areas more than others.

For instance I was prescribed them for my feet,but I can't walk with the patch on so I put them on at night and within minutes I get relief.When I put the patch on my neck(my doc says I can-tho they were not prescribed for that)they give very little relief,but I'll take what I can get,and it's easy..just slap it on.

I'm allowed 3 patches(24 hr period) at a time for 12 hours.

I also have neck and shoulder pain,the patch helps my shoulder more than my neck.

Good luck with your appt. :)
  • My sister-in-law uses them and swears by them. I gave them a try several years ago, for a couple of months. They really didn't do much for me. But as with any type of remedy, I think it totally depends on the person and the type of pain. The way I look at it, I will usually give any product or med a fair chance, as long as my doc prescribes or recommends it and I check it out with my pharmacist for possible reactions/interactions. As much as I trust my doc, I know he can't possibly keep up with every product or med that comes on the market. A good pharmacist is a wonderful resource to have. They do this all day, every day.

Good luck with your upcoming appointment. Please let us know how it turns out, OK? Be well, Mitzi
advertisement