Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Everyone Was anyone called by insurance company?

charryccharry Posts: 5,753
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi, I had a call from my insurance provider through work. My Doctor sent in the assessment and the consults I had with pain mainagement Dr. and that ortho refused any operation for me. I have a second opinion from ortho in a few months. I haven't worked in 8 months and I barely leave the house and my husband does everything. They asked what I do everyday and found it unusual that they called me just to get to know what I did everyday. I said I can't sit awaken to pain can't sleep and take Lyrica mscontin and flexeril as well as naprosyn, amitriptyline and oxazapam etc. I can do minor dusting and dishes with one hand and hold myself on the counter. I was asked if I did laundry, walk and said no though occassionally have done small laundry and used the electric broom mostly sitting down. I find it unusual for them to call me after so many forms were sent in saying I can't work or drive and struggle with side effects of meds. Has anyone had their insurance company call them also? Thanks if you can help. Charry
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Charry,

Yes, I have been called by the insurance company several times. I know they can really be annoying! It's hard to explain to someone behind a desk what its like to get through our day. Most of these clerks have no medical background and don't understand what pain and procedures we are going through or the challenges we face recuperating. So I will continue to answer their questions as they do hold my STD checks back at their whim.

I am having problem with one insurance company in particular because I have been out for only two months and have had 5 different case workers in that time! I finally got through to a supervisor and told her I would be glad to supply all the information they needed, contact my surgeon to send more documentation but in return I expect the courtesy of not being passed off to another case worker and release my STD check!

So from personal experience my advice is to be careful what you say to them, you are being recorded. I usually tell them I will have my doctor send them his notes from my last visit.

Take care of you,
    O-
  • You must be very careful about what you say to them. They are not on your side.