Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi ya'll, newbie here.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everybody,
I had surgery on March 4, 08 and April 9, 08, Fusion of C5 and C6, with titanium steel and screw. Week after was glorious, then a screw fell completely out and was out, wandering around for 2 1/2 weeks. Then had 2nd surgery, bad news, am in constant pain, take Lortab and Soma. Been on these since January. Fired 1st surgeon, on second one, he said he was sending me to a pain management Dr. and he is Neurologist. Have to have an EMG. Screw fell all the way out and was floating around. Anyone know about the damage this did and what was the end result? Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i do not have your exact problem but we do have pain in common. :''( check out the "Back and Neck" surgery section for more input. we also have a "Neck Pain" forum. good luck and i hope you find pain relief soon. by the way i hope y'all are doing ok! i was born in Louisiana and know that word so well! =)) Jenny :)
  • wow. i have not had any acrews fall out either but i am curious to know what your symptoms were??did u have pain or inflammation?? the screws falling out have been my biggest anxiety @) since my surgery sepot 09. let's chat
  • sorry you had to go through all of that. i personally never heard of that type of thing happeneing either so early on.

as we are only patients here and only can give out personal and not medical advice.

possible it caused nerves to be iratated? even some muscles.
    you will find out more when you go to the neuro.
    i will say pretty cool the neuro is a pain managment dr to. that is few and far between. where i live anyway. not saying this is true in all places.

hopefully they have ideas for you and will do testing to see what type of damage was done if any and lead you from there.

let us know how you make out after your appt.
    take care
    terri O:)