Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I HATE MY JOB

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
Well, Ive made it 3 weeks so far, with a supervisor who doesn't even look at me. ( He stopped throwing things at me as I threatened to file a grievance ) SO now the secretary, who doesnt speak to me either,,,,that whole thing is insane,,,she is insane, Anyway today a client cam in to sit down in my office and she looked upset. I asked wht was the matter and she said that secretary was calling you a "Whack-Job" in front of a packed waiting room. I am a Parole Oficer. I cannot have these people thinking Im a whack Jog, Well I called our director and he said he will take care of it tomorrow. this is unbelievable!
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya, >:D<
    Thats totally disgusting :O . You need your clients to respect you in that line of work :< . She needs disaplining for saying that. Lets hope the director has it in him, to nip it in the bud. Stay strong >:D< , Keep smiling :) , and dont let them drag you down >:D< .Keep me posted!

Angie :?
  • Sorry to hear those people are causing you trouble,i hope the director takes care of it...
  • Is there a conflict resolution manager there where you work? Name calling is so unprofessional and it should be dealt with even with labor relations or human resources if management won't help. Take care and hope things get better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • welcome to the club. by the way is this a health related issue? this forum is for chronic pain and unless i missed something, i did not see any health issues. by the way my wife hates her job and wants to quit but she is working for a start up company and has founder's stock and will be fully vested in 2 years. she bought it for 50 cents a share, 5000shares, and when fully vested it could go for 25 dollars a share. i tell her don't quit. all jobs are like this. remember the grass is not always greener on other side. so once again, health issue, back, pain, ingrown toenail, i don't understand your post when there is no mention about chronic pain

jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Yes it is about chronic pain, I have been out of work for 3 months and just got back to the job. If you read any of my other posts you would know and Im sure if the moderators thought it was inappropriate for me to post this here they would have removed it. If you dont think its appropiate dont reply to my posts X(
  • Hi Moonchild

Sorry to hear about your work issues. It makes it tough to get out of bed when we know we are going to be faced with that type of hostility, and then to have chronic pain on top of that, yeah its real hard.

What pain meds or treatments are you having for your herniated discs etc?

I think Jon might have missed your signature bit where it states what medical issues you have.!

We are here to help and support, so hey if you need to vent, come into chat if you want to discuss anything in 'real time' as I call it. We are a friendly bunch on there.

Anyways I hope today is a better day for you, and remember this...

Remember head up, shoulders back, stand tall (if your back allows it and walk into your place of work like you mean business. Dont let them think they are getting you down.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts your way.
    Love Danni
  • just a polite suggestion. because you have a signature does not help some of us with what your problem is. if you read other posts they will say i have problems at work and i am on workman's comp and the wc people are screwing me around. or people at work do not understand the pain i am having after my surgery and people think i am making it up. this kind of post will help because it is more specific about what health issues you have at work and what you are going through. when people get more specific about what is going on it is easier to help them because we have issues that we can relate to to help you through. were you on wc? was this surgery due to a work related issue? sometimes people who come back from surgery have to deal with people work who are not understanding and these people resent you because they feel that they had to work and do extra work. some people think we are exaggerating our pain to get out of work. all of us who go back to work have to deal with these issues. i just do my job and ignore what others say or think. i found the best way to deal with this is to smile and do my job the best i can. if my boss has issues then i will give her a dr note to explain what i can and cannot do. i have done this this year and for the most part my superiors don't hassle me.

jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I had a job I hated once or twice. The first time, I stayed with it because I was young and didn't know there were options. Plus, I was hoping against hope the person who made me miserable would leave... But she didn't. So, being in civil service, I kept my eyes out for the next opening, anywhere.

The other time, I worked for the King of Micro-Managers. He even went so far as to ask me to go to the ladies room to check to see if another employee was in there (he hadn't seen her in about 10 minutes...). I told him Absolutely NOT!
    I stayed there for about 2 months because it was close to home and only took me 10 minutes to get there and back. But, I couldn't stand it much more than that. So I quit. I am not a quitter, so that took alot for me to do - especially since I didn't have another job first to fall back on.

Good luck. It's hard enough for us to trudge through a job when you are suffering from chronic pain - we don't need the added drama of someone belittling you in front of CLIENTS no doubt!

Jeaux
  • the nerve these people have treating an employee/coworker like that is absolutely insane! That's just so unprofessional. :jawdrop: I hope the director resolves this as soon as possible. It's so unfair to have to work in such a hostile environment.
  • until the media and politicans recognize the plight of chronic pain patients and stop with negative messages about meds such as oxy, i am afraid this will be what we have to put up with for a long time. people don't recognize chronic pain they think we are drug addicts and so do doctors. it will never change until a famous politican , ie a president, has to deal with chronic pain then it will be recognized as legitimate. all you hear are famous people dying from drug over dossage. there is no positive messages at all

jon
  • It is very sad when you can't work in a place that is uplifting. Having to deal with unprofessional and even hostile co-workers or bosses while we are in pain, seems to be heaping insult upon injury.

I really hope that the director deals with the situation fairly and promptly.
  • I can't believe that nastiness and complete and utter cro-magnum attitude. It hurts to read that. Why are they hazing you like that because of your condition? Are you able to go to human resource about that? That treatment is so unprofessional and unacceptable, and I'm sorry it happened to you.
  • So here is the outcome of the whole Whack Job comment by my secretary......NOTHING. Nothing will happen to her. My Union Rep called today and said the Director gave her a verbal warning to which she told some lies about me bad mouthing her and my supervisor. ( I never did any such thing). I was told its all political and to drop it. And that I need to watch MY back. Im done. I asked for something in writing and was told no. I called my attorney crying and left him a message. There is not much more I can do but hope to get fired....collect unemployment till I find nother job. May be the best thing to ever happen.
  • Office politics....bahhh. I am so sorry that was the outcome. I hope your lawyer has some good advice for you.
  • a shame and a load of bs. I feel so bad for you. :(
  • I am so very sorry that you are going through this at work on top of your pain but you know what? You may be right. A new job may be just what the doctor ordered. It is not doing you a bit of good to have your self esteem trampled on like this and then told by superiors just to suck it up! I would not want to continue a job like that. on the other hand, the job market is kind of tough out there so if you need to hang in there than try and ignore them all and do your job. Smile at them and kill them with kindness. that will get to them the most. They are obviously trying to upset you, do not let them know that they are. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.

• Hang in there, that job sounds like it would have caused you even more grief down the line.You certainly don't need that negativity around you.

heres to a brighter tomorrow!!
  • Spoke to a wonderful attorney last night who is willing to write a letter to my director re the whole Betty situation. He said what she did was borderline defamation. He will do it free of charge and represent me if anything would happen. Should I have him do it? I think I just might. Bot will the SH** hit the fan in work!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.