Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Testicles

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
hi, i am 43 yrs old,i have had three back surgeries,l-4/l-5,1 in 2004,and another in 2007,i think the dr done disk disectomy.1 surgery on l-5/s-1 in 93.i am worried about my left testicle,before surgery i was hurting in this region as well from my hip down to my big toe,and also in my right leg from the knee up.after surgery was doing as good as expected,when my left testicle swelled twice the size as it was.went to urologist and he told me it was just a infection,gave me antibiotics,and the swelling went down,and down and down.now in the mornings my testicle is about the size of my pinky,sometimes smaller,and during the day it comes back up to half the size of my right side.my question is has anyone ever had this happen to them,my dr. says it is not related to my back,but i have seen this online,was just wondering details from someone,that may be able to shed some light on this. any help would be appreciated. also at l-4/s1 the post op mri i had done says i could have protrusion on nerve root,i ask my dr about this and he said he doesn't look at the reports but reads the films,when he look at the films that i had in my possesion he only looked and pointed out where i had surgery this time on l-4/l-5. why would the protrusion in the lower disk space not be of importance to him if i told him i was still in alot of pain. he only looked at one film of the mri and he said he has done all he can do.blew my mind.
advertisement

Comments

• Do not know if this could help at all but my son had to have surgery at 17 years old because of a tube that provides the blood supply to his testicle had become twisted (can't remember the name of that tube) but he did the same and swelling got so bad and painful that he had to have surgery to remove a piece of that tube (the part that kept getting twisted). I would think that your urologist would recognize this but I would definitely seek a second opinion from another urologist because there is something going on. We always tend to blame problems on our back but that is not always the case. Please go get another opinion and good luck.