Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going to Heart Dr today 2 see if its my legs/circulation or back problems hm UPDATE10/28

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
Most of you that know me , know about my ongoing saga on my legs and being so painful to walk. Take your breath away painful no matter what I am doing, inside or outside. Not a minute goes by that it does not happen. :jawdrop: #o [(
Which of course we all need our legs ;)
So at 11am I have a appt with a Heart Dr. to check for PVD and PAD.
I will post when I get back.

I am posting here since this where I do most of my work =)) :B :B

Hopefully it is not this and it is my back.
But in a way if it is 1 of these 2 issues we can start meds and treatment.

Ya'all have a awesome morning and I shall return this afternoon and post away :D O:)

Hugs and love!!
>:D< :* >:D< :*
advertisement

Comments

• Keep the faith, girl! Hopefully they will be able to help you right away and you'll be walking great in no time. God bless you today!
  • i hope it all works out for you and its something easy that they can fix fast! i know you really need help and hope this dr is the answer. good luck and big prayers!

all the best,
    karenc
  • Terri - I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you that there is an easy fix. Terri
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    Terri, I hope things turn out in your favor.
    Worse thing is NOT knowing what is going on
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I hope you get an answer where there is a simple solution.

Keep us posted hun. >:D<
  • Hi all,
    First thanks for the well wishes and responses.
    I have not so great news at all.
    First I saw a general surgeon who treats legs issues. Personally I thought he was a heart dr. So excuse me for that.

He did the blood pressure cuff test and doppler on my pulses in my legs.
    I hardly have any blood flow going through each leg worse on the left.
    Second they did a ultrasound of the aortic valve in the stomach.
    Its almost completly blocked in the left side. And what has happened is it has broke off (the calcification) and gone into my legs.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have a emergency appt with a TOP NOTCH vascular surgeon on Tuesday the 28th.
    They will do a more extensive test of the belly.
    Most likely it will come down to 2 things.
    Stents in my legs
    Bypass surgery in my stomach X( X( ~X( ~X( :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''(

This is a rare disorder Lerichies syndrome. He was shocked at the least to see a 41 yr old who used to be very active.
    I'm at a lose for words and that is not like me. :S [(
    I am going to stay strong and get through this. 8>
    Get the problem fixed whether they admit me Tuesday that day because of my age or the following week.
    Fix me UP so I can walk again like a NORMAL person.
    Mabye this is why I have not fused.

I will write more later when I'm able. Im totally worn out from testing . The ultrasound was painful as it was about 45 min pushing on my stomach.

I love you all with what I have and what I can give.
    Going to rest now and sink this all in..

Hugs
    Terri >:D< :* O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    can considering everything that is happening to you.
    Your Spine-Health 'family' is behind you and will all be giving our best wishes/hopes and vibes to see you through everything.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Terri..I am sorry for everything you have been going through. Try to stay as positive as possible, though I understand how hard that can be some days. We are all "on your side"
  • are being sent by fedex directly to you!! Keep your spirts up. Although it is not what you want to hear at least they could tell you something and plan a course of action.

Luv ya,
    Shell
  • I wish you had gotten better news Terri but hopefully they can get you straightened out and back to feeling better.

>:D< Hang in there
  • I am sorry to hear about your problem. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ann
  • Wow I am really sorry to hear that.
    I had the same test 2 weeks ago at one of those mobile screening busses that go around doing "health fairs".

What is your prognosis upon a successful procedure to repair it?

Agin, sorry to hear you are going thru this.
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I am so sorry to hear your news. Stay strong, girl! You can do this! All the best to you.
  • Terri, you are a strong and capable woman who can do anything you wish for- even get over this hurdle. Seems like you are going for the olympics :))( but you dont need to train soo hard.

I am sure all will be well and there will be an easier option for you. Do you take DHA fish oil? It is great for circulation, cholesterol etc.

It does also sound as if it could be the reason you did not fuse, poor circulation=no fusion.

Big hugs Sara O:)
  • sorry for all the pain. hope you get the treatment you need really soon so you can start to get better and better and not worse and worse. thinking of you... sending good thoughts your way. one day at a time...
  • Oh Terri my friend! :''( I am soooooo sorry for you!! I wish that we lived closer so I could come and help you get through this! Even though we are miles apart, we are still close! >:D<
    I don't know what to say...... I am at a loss of words. :?
    If it's not one thing, it's another, huh? Just keep those spirits high and keep smiling! You're a strong woman, and I have faith that all will go well for you. Just look at the future and what that brings for you. I know it's not easy, but just think what it will be like for you to walk!! I know I can't wait myself and i don't have the problems you are facing.
    Well, I love you girl! :X :X
    Hugs and kisses! >:D< >:D<
    Kim
  • Oh Terri!! I wished that we lived closer so that I could help you get through all of this! I'm sooooo sorry that you are going through this!
    I just can't believe all that is happening to you at this time! Just think though when all is said and done, you will be walking just fine with no problems.
    My mother has issues with her circ in her legs too. Actually all around. She was diagnosed with CIDP, and neurological disease which is very rare, so I know what you are going through.
    I am with you in spririt girlfriend! PM me if you want to! I can give you a internet shoulder to cry on, yell at whatever you need!
    Keep up the good spirits!
    Love ya!
    Kim
  • girl!!
    do what u gotta do. that is a lot to digest!! stay strong chick!!!
    from what i know about u it seems that u have been through worse. this may just be a walk in the aprk for u.
    keep checking in with us.
  • Oh Terri, I am so sorry you got disappointing news. At least now you know what is wrong and can work toward a solution.

My ex had the femoral-popliteal stints put in on Feb 14. It was an outpatient procedure and went smoothly. He developed a hematoma on one leg, but he is on plavix, so that is probably why. He is a smoker with high blood pressure, only 44 years old. He had leg pain but just thought it was joints/muscles until he got diagnosed due to having a heart cath after a heart attack. He got stints in his heart too in January.

You can do this! You will get through cause you are such a strong postitive person. I am sorry you are having to deal with so much. I will be here to support you in any way I can. >:D< :* Cali-Sue
  • You all are a awesome bunch of indivdual human beings ok some of us =)) =))

It was tuff Wed afternoon and Thursday.
    No sleep etc.
    BUT I do not like to bring up spiritual things on here as its a touchy subject for alot of ppl.

I wrote my 2nd cousin who is a youth minister. WELL LET ME TELL YA he was better then any valium out there. I read it this morning while I was up at 3am. He put my mind at ease and well said the most awesome words that really sunk in.
    Cause we all have done it. Asking the question WHY ME?? Well there is no exact answer for that question never will be. Its just dished out to what we can handle. And dog gone it I CAN HANDLE THE WORLD B) B) B) B)

I am very blessed to have had this dr find the problem Wed. Plus I am so very happy to have brought it up to my spine surgeon. Because for the last yr plus when I said my ankles hurt so bad then it progressed over months to my legs THE PAIN OMG you cannot even imagine if you have never had it. We/he chalked it up to possible back problems.
    Don't do that ya'all I am telling you.
    When you think something is not right. Ya have to get it checked out somewhere.

I'm calm now. SCARED??? Ya bet ya I am!! :jawdrop: Who wouldn't be. I can say more scared then spinal surgery or anything else Iv ever had besides the kidney diagnosis.
    These are top notch surgeons in my area and well my fate lays in their hands.
    Not looking forward to my belly cut open (hopefully my case can be done laproscopic) but hey I havn't worn a bikini in 20 years so that does't matter =))
    Unless they are willing to do a tummy tuck to while there :D :D :D
    I do not remember what its like to walk in the rain, get through a whole song while dancing etc. We forget real easy when we do not have it anymore.
    I WILL BE ABLE TO DO ALL OF THAT :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
    So all this is probably why I did not fuse. VERY HUGE PART.
    As there was no blood flow. ~X(
    SMOKING stops tonight. Im having my last 'PARTY' with cigs today. I will go through horrible withdrawal the first few days, but while doing that will think about what the future holds without them!!!!! And no I'm not a basher . I won't be one of those non smoker advocates EVER. As some people turn into.
    Ya smoke that is fine with me, just like people who have a issue with chocolate, coffee you name it. Its all the same :D :D

Will keep you updated. If they admit A.S.A.P Tues after my appt I will show hub how to post . ;) ;) ;)

Lots of love everyone stay strong !
    Terri :X >:D< :*
  • Terri -

I am so happy that you may have found the answer as to why you did not fuse. I know you can give up those cigs....you did it before...and this time I know it will be for good so your circulation has a chance of recovering, your back will fuse and you will feel so powerful.

Hang in there.

Terri
  • Wow Terri,

I am so sorry! All of this is a lot to take in all at one time.
    I hae not been around that much lately and I feel I missed your posts when you needed some support an prayers.

Welll I am here now with open arms and good thoughts for you. You are one of the stongest people I have met and I know that you can and will get through this.

How is your Hubby and Family feeling about everything?? I will be keeping them in my thougts and prayers as well.

Please hon call me anytime for anything...I may not be able to pop over and have coffe, but if I could you know I would...but I am a good listener!!

>:D< >:D< >:D<
    Chrissy
  • I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. You can really be an inspiration to the rest of us with your great attitude! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and please show hubby how to post and ask him not to forget to keep us informed. It would be very worrisome if we heard nothing. Good luck to you and I just know that this is going to make a huge improvement in the quality of your life.
  • I think its all been said - but you must be somewhat relieved to have a sense of what is going on, we all wish you luck on Tuesday. You have such a positive attitude, and you ARE so strong, I have no doubt you'll come our even stronger!!
    ;))

Your cheerleading team will be awaiting updates.
    -Melissa
  • Thanks for more replies >:D<

Everyone is still letting this sink in. I mean I am 41. And wow this is very rare.

What my prognosis will be??? Not sure. But I do know once the blood starts flowing through these legs and my muscle tone gets built back up I WILL FEEL like a NEW PERSON.

It takes awhile I guess. I will be laid out flat for 5 wks or so. Thats means alot of xmas shopping on the computer. I don't mind that one bit ;) ;) ;)

I am scared about the breathing tube of course for 24 hrs or so, but I will for warn them about my high anxiety like I mentioned. Otherwise I'm pretty calm and want it over with.
    If you would like to read more about the procedure and whats involved you can click on my myspace link. To the right is my blogs. You can read the most recent one about surgery again. It explains the whole procedure and complications and all that fun stuff.

Also browsing last night. I wish I kept the page.
    There was a lengthy story about Drs chalking this condition up to back pain and siatica. I found it surprising, but if you seriously think about it, and MRI's show nothing. Ya always should check into other things. Not saying this is the case for everyone at all. I do not like to tell people they have something that they do not.
    But I found the article very interesting. If I find it again and you want me to PM you the article Just let me know.
    As this is what happened to me. Drs saying it was my back.

Thanks again. You guys are AWESOME >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hi Terri,

I am glad that you have at least found out what is causing the pain. It's a pretty crappy diagnosis but at least they can do something about it. Hang in there and once you get through the surgery it will be so great to read posts from you with information about you finally getting better. Some of the more depressed folks on this forum should take a page out of your book, because you always seem to keep it together, no matter how bad it gets and you are constantly here for others.

More prayers for a quick recovery for you are on the way,
    LJ
  • I'm here for you girl! My fingers are crossed and you're in my thoughts!
    Everything will be fine! I have a 9 inch incision on my belly form the ALIF, but I had a tummy tuck!!! =)) <:P
    Don't feel as though you shouldn't ask, my ortho surgeon wanted me to ask for it. He said "why not, he's already in there and has to close me up any way!" :))(
    You're strong! I believe in you! Just keep smiling!

Kim >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Fusion surgery + aortic surgery + tummy tuck + boob lift + tushy lift + liposcution = ONE HOT MAMA!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) (8) (8) (8) (8) (8) <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P

Next time Kim I will come near you. Your not going to find a dr to say go ahead and do that to while they are there LOL LOL LOL LOL

I just want it ALL OVER WITH WHEW #:S #:S #:S #:S
    I wanna be home back in my bed (ok I am doing that now) but hey. ;) ;)
    The point of showering, shaving, dressing , hair UGHHHH for Tuesday UGHHH do not even want to think about it :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D

I do have a new blog up on myspace for any of you that do have faith. Its a pretty cool letter I told ya my cousin sent me. :* :*

Hope you are all pain free or semi pain free.
    Im home here all by myself. My Allie had a horse show all day I could not attend :''( But hub is taping it for me.
    Son is here doing some housework, ok whatever housework is considered for a 19 yr old X( ~X( =)) =))
    I heard the vaccum and the dryer go on , but no water running for dishes etc.. LOL
    Oh well mabye I will try to do some later. hmmm or mabye not :D
    The house is trashed we need new furniture, I of course wanted to do that yesterday. Ya know the rental places for us people that don't work :D :D So that is on hold till I am home recovering.

Anyways I am taking up the page again.
    Ya'all hang in there. Your all AWESOME :* <:P 8> 8>
  • LOL all that in one surgery? =)) But really, I wish you all the best and may God keep you and watch over you. See you Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement