Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

disc pain focal in knee

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Hi everyone- I have looked at this site some in the past as I have had 2 lumbar disc surgeries (L4-5) hemi- laminectomy and partial disc removal on my left side. The first surgery was about 4 years ago and followed about 6 months of PT,injections etc. I never really had sciatica but rather diffuse often severe pain around the knee . Anyway, surgery went fine-pain went away and 8 months later I re-herniated the disc. This time had more typical sciatia and the disc fragment was much larger. That surgery also successful and have had zero issues past 18+ months. Back to cycling etc with no pain.
in R knee
2 weeks ago I started experiencing knee pain (I had an ACL repair about 10 years ago... on L knee ) and I just thought I had pushed it too hard on the bike etc. Ice,rest, advil etc. Really didn't respond very well to all that and I then realized this was the same type pain (diffuse) that I had with first disc problem.

Has anyone else every had anything like this. I have appt with ortho who did my ACL and neuro who did disc surgery in a week or so. In the meantime living on some drugs I had left over from last surgery. Not pretty. Thanks for any ideas. James
advertisement

Comments

• My doc has told me that when you have a problem with the low back it will cause knee pain because without even realizing it we walk differently to compensate for the disc problem. I tend to believe him because lately I have also been getting pain in my ankles and they want to turn outward along with the knee pain. I just read a post from a new member that said her husband went through knee replacement surgery on both knees and years later found out that it was a misdiagnosis. It was actually her husbands low back that was the problem and now he is a mess suffering from permanent nerve damage from letting the spine issue go so long. I will see if I can find that post and let you know where it is. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.