Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

out of interest?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone,
At the moment I am awaiting an obstiotrition appointment- hopefully so I can get refered for an MRI scan.What I am wondering is, one of my symtems is tenderness and pain,when touching my lumber spine (feels almost like its bruised when touched).Does anyone else have this and what is it a symtom off?
thank you in advance, Karen
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Karen,
    I'v never had that with my back issues.
    With my fibromyalgia yes. My back is very senstive to the touch.

Everyone of course reacts differently to pain or has a different description of it.

Mine will feel bruised/burning at times. But not to touch. Its like heartburn in your lower back. That is due to the spondylolithesis I have in my spine.

Your in the right direction in getting a MRI thats your first step. Then if it shows something you hopefully will be able to get an appt with a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeron that specializes in spines and go from there.

If there is nothing wrong with that area, the pain may be realted to something else.

Is that the only pain your having at the moment??
    Does it hurt to walk?
    Any numbness or tingling anywhere??

Hang in there
    Terri >:D< O:)
  • Hi thanks for that. I've had pain for more than a year now.Pain sitting,getting up,lying on front and back and turning over in bed,when I put my foot down hard ,bending,lifting,sneezing,and coughing!Had an x-ray about 7 months ago which only showed signs of degenaration,and have had physio since then and very little if no relief.I only get sciatica when I do pelvic tilts(which my physio said to do, but I find it sore), but have radiating pain in my hips quite often. I can press the sore bit, and bring on scatica aswell!Strange! The physio thought I had too much movement round my sacrum, so concentrated on treating that area.That pain has gone now, but I'm still left with the rest.As with everyone else, its difficult not being active and coping day to day with a 1 year old and two older kids.I think its at L3/4/5 at S1, I feel the tenderness at,
    thanks again, K
  • with Terri. Hopefully an MRI will be just what you need in order to get a diagnosis. My low back is tender to the touch when it is inflamed. Everyone is so different that it is not really accurate to compare symptoms. People with the same exact symptoms may have totally different diagnosis. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • hi again folks,
    this is my rather frustrating update.......... My doctor got a letter back from obstetrics saying that because he couldnt see anything in my xray (which I had in March) to say he could operate, he wouldnt need to see me again for an mri and to try changing my meds and keep going to physio.We followed his instruction for the last few weeks Results- my husband had to call the doctor(not my usual doctor) out to me on monday morning and he gave me a large dose of morphine- my pain was a 10.Yesterday things had calmed down to my normal pain levels (ranging from 2-4 ),and I had physiotherapy, only to be back at around a 9 this morning. The doc prescribed pentazocine (fair knocks the stuffing out of me!)so I was fed a slice of toast lying down on my stomach, then my meds,so I could move,to go to the bathroom.Why are they not taking this seriously- its very frustrating/upsetting....... pain as always, is in my low lumbar region and si joints, with some pain in my front thigh,calves and feet, but mainly my back..x
  • hi karen.

You are having rough time of it,you should try get 2nd,3rd,4th even opinion and push for MRI to get answers to whats going on,i was gven shot morphine last wednes because of my pain 10/10 it was a spasam in the L5s1 nerve and i was immobile to,but an mri will give a more indepth picture there,it must be so frustrating for you at moment,i am thinking of you with a 1yr old also....

you should be careful with any excercises that are increasing the pain,it could be your bodys way of letting you know its too much.play it save until you can get an mri and hopefully it puts things into perspective for you.

i do feel that sore tenderness feeling at my problem discs too,try an ice pack or heat my back loves the heat everyone is different try either in mean time

feel free to pm me,my name is karen too....
    hugs karen
  • thanks Karen. I'm seeing the doc that came out to me on Monday, on Friday. I'm hoping that because he has seen me at my worst, that he will push for further investigation.I can tell myself that its not a musculer thing as I've had acute muscle spasm pain a few times over the last 10 years and it is so different, yet they dont seem to understand that when it comes down to it, we know our own bodies!The problem is, when you're not 100% confident in yourself, they can make you feel stupid and that your waisting their time.If I had scans done and they showed nothing, it sounds really stupid when I hear myself saying it, but I'd be mortified incase they thought I was a hypercondriac and it was all in my head!But its got to the stage now, as I'm sure it has with most of you, I would be happy for them to turn me inside out to find out what the problem is, so long as they find it!lol Why oh why do we all have to suffer so much!Drives me bonkers!lol
  • sorry was ranting a bit there! @) one more to add- how do single parents, who are on there own if they with no friends or family around deal with this kind of problem? My husband had to take the day off work on monday and my mother had to get my 2 older kids to school and look after my 1 year old today. I literally do not know what I'd do without them............ :( :S
    PS I just noticed earlier in my comments, I said 'Obstretrics' instead of orthopedics! thats the medication sending me a bit doolally! :$

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.