Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

terms

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,232
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Matters of the Heart
Woke up this morning, sat down in the sand in the half light of day,
Tried to come to terms with the coming day and couldn't reach an agreement.
Bummer...
So I gathered my wits, and wrapped my pride around myself, but it was to no avail
the day was still coming
and i still wasn't ready to face it,
So...
unprepared as i felt,and un-armed as usual, i face the arctic,actinic light of reality,
and wedge my weary way through the hours gone between me and bed...
If only to find no rest,to have a moments peace.
advertisement

Comments

• Ranchand,
    It is never easy living in pain and seeing any logical reason for its existence and unfairness for us as individuals. Pain mandates that we do not look to far ahead, gone is the hope and some dreams of our healthy persona wiped away in a moment and a substantial loss and we have to see the beauty in our foreshortened capacity.

I am pleased some days that I can stand and seemed overwhelmed by the simplicity of any success, even humbled that that minimal objective has been reached by disproportionate effort, I try not to compare others without my gift of pain that continue in the rigours of what success means to the majority.

Even if we did nothing, the beauty of another day and that warmth on our face gives us hope that we will find some solace in what we are doing and where we are going even in the limitation of the new us. My own list is littered with the things I have done and seen through those pain spectacles and although we all wish it could have been different the reality is that we continue to fight every day, whatever our daily capacity give us.

Pride is a measure of oneself it reminds us of how well we are doing and what obstacles we have overcome, we should write them down, they are very personal and achieved with much effort and tenacity.

Enjoy the sun.

John

• Very well said, John.
  • That was very kind and thoughtful.

Have a better day.

John
  • no subject ;)

awesome words ;)

Ranchhand you always have awesome posting. Your words are always to the "T" =D> >:D<
  • sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Lots of classwork lately. My existence is fine in that I have hopes and dreams like of old. Just some mornings trying to rationalise pain Vs. work is of kilter.
    Life never ceased to give me wonder, and in the discovery of"new" there is hope! but it is the old that never ceases to be a hindrance to my newly chosen path. Cogitating and hoping that an issue will disapear on its own recognizance is a vain and pointless pursuit...but, I still engage in the activity.."dang"
    So,
    The wonders never have ceased, I still wonder at the miracle's in life, Like why my cotton plants give me a small harvest every 6 weeks,hmmm...
    Or when a sunset comes along and makes it all worth the days journey.
    Or the wonders of the human spirit, that ever shining glow of a persons inner passion and fires that are plainly visible to the naked eye, yet many are so blind they cannot ever see it.
    Of the measure of a man
    Or the resilience of a woman and the wonder of her spirit
    the giggle of a contented child!
    these ease the journey of the day
  • Ranchand.
    Looking back in reflection is intended to amalgamate the success we have achieved and acknowledge that to ourselves, for us the reversing mirror has pain understandably tainted in a transparent message. That sifting process should see even the dire times as a learning experience, we are walking forward looking over our shoulder periodically. The future is our past, we use our own strategies until we become more informed and should have no guilt in the want of trying.

Our refined motivators now differ from the historical us, and we see things we never had the capacity to acknowledge previously, we are more giving and receptive, actively appreciating those unseen nuances in everyone and everything, have they always been here ? Darwin never mentioned these.

As you say, hopes and wishes have the same erroneous disappointment on occasions, if they were gifts you would want a refund or at least an apology, work and its continuance has been my saviour, learning and teaching a gift for all to share in wonderment.

That pain V work needs more attention.

Half term here, take care John.

• Hiya John, I forget that I set my own success perameters, and the path that led there in the decisions I made. I forgot that there were less abilities to go round..."dang"!
    so, I get to pay the price of my forgetfulness,but i thank you for remembering for me! Its good to have friends!
    I hope you and yurs are well today and that your wonderful son has continued to inspire as you do!
advertisement