Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

inspirations

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm 21 years old. i fell off of my friends balcony back in july. I just had my back surgery on sept 9 the day after my 21st birthday lol..what a way to celebrate! and i finally have gotten my cast off that i've been in since july. I just wanted to introduce myself and to say thanks. The past few months especially in the beginning I was a wreck because I thought you know, I'm too young for this to happen now im going to be in pain for the rest of my life. But I've come through so much and i'm kind of glad in a sense that I've been through this experience. I've saw so much that i've taken for granted and i've learned life goes on. But i havent had really anyone to turn to..theres my family but ...they dont really understand. And when I found this board and read alot of your storys it just made me realize im not alone and alot of you have really inspired me so thank you. :)
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health....
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so sorry to hear about your accident but it aappears you came out the better for it. you seem to have gained some wisdom through it all! good luck to you and i hope your life continues on a positive path. make yourself at home here and we want to know where life takes you. there is a good read on successful SH surgeries in the "Good News" forum. Jenny :)
  • I am sorry to see somebody so young going through all of these issues. Hopefully your surgery was a success and you will be able to go on with your life. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • <:P

..and welcome to S~H :H

I'm sorry about your fall,and I agree with you~surgery the day after your B/D was certainly no way to celebrate..but your attitude is awesome!

I think it's great that someone so young(compared to me-lol),can see and understand how big life is and how much is out there beyond ourselves..that we tend to take for granted on a daily basis.It's so easy to do too,and knowing that opens our minds to a world of understanding.

Though families care and understand,unless a person lives it everyday I think it would be hard to grasp the real concept of how we really feel..and it's hard and tiring to try to explain it to them.

You will find a lot of support here :)))
advertisement