Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Thought Id leave an update since surgery 9-23-08. Had my first post -op appt with my MS, and everything is going good so far, his words lol.
My words.... one day at a time. I have good days and bad. Got the bill from the hospital portion only and nearly fainted. Notice I said hospital only.. havent got the MS yet. Thank god I have good insurance. :)
They took my stitches out at my appt as well. Still no BLT, and he also kept me from driving probably until my 11-3-08 appt, which riding is painful enough, Im not sure I want to be responsible behind the wheel of a a car yet! :)
My appetite still hasnt came back, I drink lots of fluids to keelp things moving along with colace. My NS doesnt start PT till 12 weeks, so i still have about 8 wks to go. I walk as much as possible, although a new sx started after with my LEFT leg that keeps me from walking as much as Id like. I know, Patience is a virtue....... :P They gave me a med to try with the leg, seems to be helping.
I wear a back brace when Im not showering or doing my 4 hours of the bone stimulator. And OMG I finally figured out a way to shave the legs to day and I was screaming with joy!!! THAT felt so good ,then lotion, like a whole new woman.
I ended up being in the hospital 5 days. I could not have asked for better care. They were very good. On Haileys scale it would probably ratw 9.75... hospital food is just well, hospital food. Although most of the time I got IV's, then clear liquids, so didnt reallly eat alot there.
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad you're healing well. You sound very positive. Are you having less pain then before the surgery? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sounds like you are healing quite nicely and everything is going well.
  • under control! Good for you! I was just 2 days after yours for a level 2 fusion. I also can't drive still. Mostly because my car is low to the ground and it's hard for me to get out. Getting in, well that's easy, just drop in! I did drive to the next town today with my daughter who is 7, and she kept asking me if I was ok and telling me I was doing fine driving! She was sooo cute! She also wanted my cell phone in case she had to call daddy for help! (his only way for letting me out)
    My appetite isn't quite there too, but I seem to be "swollen" and I think it might be from the pain meds?? Water gain?? Not too sure but not quite happy either!
    I'm in a wedding in 2 weeks and had my dress altered right before I went in for surgery. We thought if anything I would lose more weight and it would be ok. Well, I am sooo swollen that she has to try now to let it out! It was HUGE on me before so she had lots to take in! I ordered it the beginning of the summer and lost a lot of weight, but now this sucks as I'm so swollen! Very depressed!
    I also can't walk too much for my right leg gives out on me. I used to love to walk, but now I can't.
    Well, take care! Sorry to take up so much space! It's 2:22am and I can't sleep cause of the pain!

Kim
  • Sounds like things are going well. As you knw you will find all sorts of different symptoms pop up from time to time. Take a note but dont focus on them.
    I'm glad you had a positive hospital experience.

Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement