Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PRICELESS COMMENTS UTTERED FROM THE MOUTHS OF CHILDREN

snookiessnookie Posts: 359
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Lighten and Brighten
While I sat in the reception area of my doctor's office, a woman rolled an elderly man in a wheelchair into the room. As
She went to the receptionist's desk, the man sat there, alone and silent. Just as I was thinking I should make small talk with him,
A little boy slipped off his mother's lap and walked over to the wheelchair. Placing his hand on the man's, he said, 'I know how you feel. My mom makes me ride in the stroller too.'.

-----------------------------

As I was nursing my baby, my cousin's six-year-old daughter,
Krissy, came into the room. Never having seen anyone breast feed before, she was intrigued and full of all kinds of questions about what
I was doing.
After mulling over my answers, she remarked, 'My mom has some of those, but I don't think she knows how to use them.'

-----------------------------------

Out bicycling one day with my eight-year-old granddaughter, Carolyn,
I got a little wistful. 'In ten years,' I said, 'you'll want to be with your friends and you won't go walking, biking, and swimming with me like you
do now. Carolyn shrugged. 'In ten years you'll be too old to do all those
things anyway.'

----------------------------------

Working as a pediatric nurse, I had the difficult assignment of giving immunization shots to children. One day I entered the examining room
to give four-year-old Lizzie her needle.
'No, no, no!' she screamed.
'Lizzie,' scolded her mother, 'that's not polite behavior.'
With that, the girl yelled even louder, 'No, thank you! No, thank you! '

---------------------------

On the way back from a Cub Scout meeting, my grands asked
My son the question. 'Dad, I know that babies come from mommies'Tummies, but how do they get there in the first place?' he asked
innocently.
After my son hemmed and hawed awhile, my grandson finally spoke up in disgust. 'You don't have to make something up, Dad.
It's OK if you don't know the answer.'

----------------------

Just before I was deployed to Iraq , I sat my eight-year-old son down and broke the news to him. 'I'm going to be away for a long
time,' I told him. 'I'm going to Iraq .'
'Why?' he asked. 'Don't you know there's a war going on over there?'

-----------------------

Paul Newman founded the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp for children stricken with cancer, AIDS and blood diseases. One afternoon he and his
Wife, Joanne Woodward, stopped by to have lunch with the kids.
A counselor at a nearby table, suspecting the young patients wouldn't know that Newman was a famous movie star, explained,
That's the man who made this camp possible. Maybe you've seen his picture on the salad dressing bottle?'
Blank stares.
'Well, you've probably seen his face on his lemonade carton.'
An eight-year-old girl perked up.

'How long was he missing?'

advertisement

Comments