Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to message board. Need advice.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
I am 63 year old onery male with back injury. No. EDITED sees no spine injury after MRI. Still suffer from painful spasms. Worse is now have lots of pain in lower abdomen.

1. where do I go if ***EDITED*** is no help.

2. any relief for stomach pain. Dr. has used Bentyl and acid blocker. Don't think this is really correct.

Thank you,

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I am a new member. I had ALIF on Oct. 9th, after suffering a lot of leg pain for the last 4 years. I'm doing really well, most of the time. Not too much pain, walking a lot and feeling better most days. But the last couple of days I'm feeling the leg pain I had before. That scares me. Dr. says it's all part of healing. I sure hope so!! Any tips woould be appreciated.
    :H
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are having difficulty in getting a diagnosis. believe it or not, lots of us go through the same thing that you are. Sometimes the things that are causing our pain do not show up on an MRI and it takes other types of testing (discogram, epidurals, etc) in order to get a diagnosis. You will find lots of support and understanding here. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • I feel sure that your doc is telling you the truth. Having leg pain for 4 years I am assuming that a nerve was compressed. It will take some time to heal and you are very early on in the recovery process. Try and be patient and follow the docs orders for best results. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.sorry to hear you are having chronic pain. keep looking and the right doctor will come round. good luck! Jenny :)
advertisement