Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Aggravation

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Depression and Coping
:?? I called my surgeons scheduler today to tell her my Open MRI was fine but they could not do the contrast dye part of it. The attending technician could not find a vein to start an IV. She poked me several times until I felt like a pin cushion.

At first the scheduler seemed shocked they were not able to do it. Then she said they might have to reschedule, get me back in there to have it done again with the contrast dye.

What this means is then she will reschedule my appointment with my surgeon. My current appointment is this coming Tuesday Nov 4th. I was hoping that on this date he would finally make his surgical decision. My pain is just getting worse and more widespread. Left arm pain for almost 2 yrs. Now its getting worse in my shoulder blades, neck, right arm.

I just want them to go forward with this and get it fixed. I want to go back to work. Right now I'm having to wait until November 30th for my first Long Term Disability Check. It puts quite a strain on my wife when she has to pay the bills and the mortgage. I feel helpless.

Thanks for listening. :)

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• I know what helpless feels like too. I feel like I haven't contributed to the household in so long. I know that you have a supportive wife and that she knows that you are doing all you can to get well again...don't beat yourself up so much.

Your journey is going to come to a close. All you have to do is to be patient a little while longer. Go outside, take a deep breath, and yell at the sky at the top of your lungs.
    It doesn't hurry things along at all but it lets out a little of that frustration :)))

Griff
  • it's a shame they never called a ICU or ER nurse to start an IV. I hope things work out in a timely fashion for you.Take care Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It's cool to be aggravated. Can you call the surgeons office and make sure some "scheduler" doesn't make the decision for the doc as to whether or not to reschedule you? It would really stink if she did that and then you finally see the NS and he says, "oh the first images were fine without the contrast". Now THAT would be aggravation!

Hang in there!

"C"
  • Hi guys! :S

Well, I don't know what to think. I was too busy today and yesterday to think about calling the scheduler. I'm thinking my neurosurgeon decided the MRI without the contrast is good enough. My next appointment with my neurosurgeon is this coming Tuesday. Usually if he wanted another MRI with contrast his scheduler would have called and told me by now.

We'll see. I called her once and told her they were not able to find a vein to do the IV for the contrast Dye. She has the information she needs to go forward with this.

At this point I'm not all that concerned. I'm going to go to my appointment on Tuesday unless told otherwise and see where we go from here.

I'll update you all when I know what is what. LOL.

The adventure continues. I remember to take my morphine and vicodin at the correct times today. Yay!

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Im right there with ya right now.

I know what it feels like to be in your position right now.
    I know what it feels like to be a human pin cushion. All my veins are so deep down and many blown out from so many ops and tests.
    I'm surprised they did not have a O.R. nurse come down either. They are usually on the spot BINGO with needles.

I have to have one Wed and I am dreading them holding both arms down and trying uggh.

Anyways enough about that. You can be frustrated. Be ticked off anything you want. Alot of us are to.

Im feeling your physical pain right now to . Feels like I did not even have surgery because there is not enough oxygen and blood flow going to the fusion. I feel as though I am back at square one till they fix me. How many pills can one person take to be comfy??? UGGHH AGAIN :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :sick: :sick:

You hang in there buddy!!! You will get through this!!!!

advertisement